Quantcast

Wingding —— Tuesday gmt —— gnidgniW

KenW449

Thanos did nothing wrong
Jun 13, 2017
Floating down the whiskey river...
Planning a trip for later this year to ride park for the first time. Explained to my buddy whom i recently got into MTB why taking his XC HT there would be a bad idea. I lend him my trail bike, and ill use my DH. Need to upgrade brakes on trail bike first. Was gonna buy the M8000's but now I'm not sure i want too. Off to franken brake thread.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
I just found out there may not be father's day festivities for me this year... I'm dumbstruck.

A buddy of mine has a condo at a local ski hill. They've really developed bike trails there, and it's becoming something of a destination now. So much so, that the Canadian Enduro Series is doing a race there now.

The problem is, that fucking race coincides with fathers day. Fathers day, which every year since before I became a father, said buddy has hosted a fathers day weekend. for fathers. to recover from the rest of the year. It's been at least 10 years.

We used to trail build on Saturday, followed by a ride, drinks at the lake, plenty of good food, beer and shed, and if anyone was able, a wakeup ride on Sunday. Since the race came to town, we can't build and the main trails are roped off. This year, my buddy's son is old enough to enter the race, so father's day weekend is becoming more of a "family race weekend" for him.

I looked forward to this weekend all year. It was cathartic. Now it's gone. because of an enduro race.

Fucking enduro. fucking everything up. fuck. you. enduro.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Somebody just stole my fucking soda. A Kroger real sugar, orange flavor soda. It's not like you accidentally took it thinking it was yours. I was microwaving my lunch and had my soda next to the microwave. I walked away for 2min into our little store to get a fork and when I came back it was gone. 2 FUCKING MINUTES! There were maybe five people through that room and one of those fuckers took it. I'm in a standing state of rage right now. There is a camera in there and I am friends with both the building admin (?) and a few people in HR, so if we can get the footage we can find the person. There has apparently been a lot of small thefts in the microwave room lately and I'm willing to be the squeaky wheel to get this shit resolved.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Somebody just stole my fucking soda. A Kroger real sugar, orange flavor soda. It's not like you accidentally took it thinking it was yours. I was microwaving my lunch and had my soda next to the microwave. I walked away for 2min into our little store to get a fork and when I came back it was gone. 2 FUCKING MINUTES! There were maybe five people through that room and one of those fuckers took it. I'm in a standing state of rage right now. There is a camera in there and I am friends with both the building admin (?) and a few people in HR, so if we can get the footage we can find the person. There has apparently been a lot of small thefts in the microwave room lately and I'm willing to be the squeaky wheel to get this shit resolved.
///Soda

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
if was grape drank you could check tongues for a purple hue

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Can't you just go around and see who has the orange POP? If they finished it, its probably in the garbage can under their desk. Thieves tend to not be the smartest bunch...

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
I just found out there may not be father's day festivities for me this year... I'm dumbstruck.

A buddy of mine has a condo at a local ski hill. They've really developed bike trails there, and it's becoming something of a destination now. So much so, that the Canadian Enduro Series is doing a race there now.

The problem is, that fucking race coincides with fathers day. Fathers day, which every year since before I became a father, said buddy has hosted a fathers day weekend. for fathers. to recover from the rest of the year. It's been at least 10 years.

We used to trail build on Saturday, followed by a ride, drinks at the lake, plenty of good food, beer and shed, and if anyone was able, a wakeup ride on Sunday. Since the race came to town, we can't build and the main trails are roped off. This year, my buddy's son is old enough to enter the race, so father's day weekend is becoming more of a "family race weekend" for him.

I looked forward to this weekend all year. It was cathartic. Now it's gone. because of an enduro race.

Fucking enduro. fucking everything up. fuck. you. enduro.
That sucks... Bump it to the weekend after? Is that Mont Saint Marie?

Atomic Dog

doesn't have a custom title yet.
Oct 22, 2002
In the basement at Weekly World News
https://slate.com/technology/2018/03/why-is-the-twitter-thread-about-a-stolen-lunch-the-most-gripping-story-weve-read-in-ages.html

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Can't you just go around and see who has the orange POP? If they finished it, its probably in the garbage can under their desk. Thieves tend to not be the smartest bunch...
3 buildings with 1k+ each building. Never going to figure it out.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado

Time for a bait lunch box!!!

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
sorry....i was just looking out for you....

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Do all three buildings and 1000 people share the same microwave room? Its gotta be someone local.
Three towers with a common basement. Basement has 6 microwaves and is under the central building. Cafeteria is under the rightmost building and has another 15. It's usually people from the left and center buildings. There's no way to figure it out, at least not during the time window I was there, without a camera in the room.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
That sucks... Bump it to the weekend after? Is that Mont Saint Marie?
not my call to make. would love to make it work though... fingers crossed. and yes, MSM. It's a great place to ride, but an even better place to escape reality for a weekend, once a year. harrrumph.

junkyard

You might feel a little prick.
Sep 1, 2015
San Diego
Three towers with a common basement. Basement has 6 microwaves and is under the central building. Cafeteria is under the rightmost building and has another 15. It's usually people from the left and center buildings. There's no way to figure it out, at least not during the time window I was there, without a camera in the room.
Just piss in you next fancy soda a leave it in the same place and same time.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
That is a lot of people for so few microwaves. Are they littered with splattered food?