Quantcast

***Wingding Saturday***

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
d0gs woke up up to go outside at 5am, it was 27* My plan was a morning bike ride. once the dogs did there thing I said eff riding in the cold and went back to bed. 8 am and its now up to 29* . Coffee time. I am not riding until it gets unto the upper 40s

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
this thing was more comfortable than any mtb seat i have been on....

20180224_111714.jpg

Rode with @Bunnista, wet white ice, granulated snow, a tiny bit of mud and some hero downhill dirt and rock. Then proceeded while leaving her driveway to somehow snag a boulder under the back of the van. Got dragged out by a neighbor's tractor with some help from the van itself. Scrubbed the valve stem off the spare wheel, bashed the seven pin trailer connector and its bracket, and the winch that lowers the spare wheel will only drop the wheel about two inches before binding. To the Chevy dealer it is!

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Rode with @Bunnista, wet white ice, granulated snow, a tiny bit of mud and some hero downhill dirt and rock. Then proceeded while leaving her driveway to somehow snag a boulder under the back of the van. Got dragged out by a neighbor's tractor with some help from the van itself. Scrubbed the valve stem off the spare wheel, bashed the seven pin trailer connector and its bracket, and the winch that lowers the spare wheel will only drop the wheel about two inches before binding. To the Chevy dealer it is!
Nothing quite like eff'n up your car after a good ride.

A load of dirt/gravel got dumped in the middle of the road, that wasn't there on the way down, coming from the trailhead that my van couldn't clear. Wound up with a torn side wall trying to get around it.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Nothing quite like eff'n up your car after a good ride.

A load of dirt/gravel got dumped in the middle of the road, that wasn't there on the way down, coming from the trailhead that my van couldn't clear. Wound up with a torn side wall trying to get around it.
buuuuuu. that sucks. last year they randomly dumped a big pile of gravel in the middle of brown mountain beach rd. in wilsons just past the raiders lot. first time i hit it (at speed) = rally-car type air + shit pants.

took the 8yo to the us nat’l whitewater center trails. he rode some of the trails on his 20” bmx like a champ. kid might need a proper bike.

yardwork and beers now...lookin at some dirt diggin tomorrow

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
buuuuuu. that sucks. last year they randomly dumped a big pile of gravel in the middle of brown mountain beach rd. in wilsons just past the raiders lot. first time i hit it (at speed) = rally-car type air + shit pants.

took the 8yo to the us nat’l whitewater center trails. he rode some of the trails on his 20” bmx like a champ. kid might need a proper bike.

yardwork and beers now...lookin at some dirt diggin tomorrow
Yup, that was in Wilsons as well. Road up to the dirt mounds. What's up with them randomly dumping loads of dirt without any signage or warning ?

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Cold and really windy ride today. I had forgotten how much nicer it is to deal with headwinds and cross winds when you are down on the aerobars. I put them back on for the first time in almost ten years just two days ago. There is no way I could have averaged just over 15 mph with out them. Wind gusts hit well over 20 mph and constant 14-15. I did 25 miles with over 1500 feet of climbing in a hair over 90 minutes

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Basin was not visible from Valley. Valley was cold but sunny. An extra layer of unders and it was fine. We did have to stop for toe warmers though.

Got in a ton of runs with Haley who's gotten a lot better since I last skied with her. She has the bug to go fast. She just clicks when you tell her what to do.

While driving up this song came on and she started singing along. :rockout::rockout:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Tooled around town on the bike. Although it was rather uncomfortable I was able to grip the bars like a proper simian. Yee fucking haw.