Quantcast

Winter XC trail suggestions?

GrapeApe79

Monkey
Sep 22, 2005
Issaquah, WA
Hi! I'm looking for a good winter ride tomorrow since it will be sunny and maybe some of the mud will be hardened a bit. I live in Issaquah but will drive up to 2 hours to ride. Thanks for your ideas!!

Jun 18, 2004
I would sugest Lk Sawyer but I've heard many fallen trees out there... not sure though... check the bbtc webpage for ride reports...

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
I would sugest Lk Sawyer but I've heard many fallen trees out there... not sure though... check the bbtc webpage for ride reports...
Ralph L from Singletrack Mind and alot of locals are diligent in their efforts to clear alot of trails out there. If those guys didn't spend hours upon hours out there..... Only thing i'd be worried about is how much snow is on the trails.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Hmm just read a quick ride report from Lake Sawyer. They said they had a blast as the ground is frozen and hard but the traction is sweet.

Sounds prime.

luvz2ridez

Monkey
Jul 19, 2006
Shoreline, WA
April I was there today walking my dogs and I was sliding all over the place in my boots, I hope you had fun! Next time you want to do some XC stuff, PM me, I have some good maps of Lake Sawyer and such.

GrapeApe79

Monkey
Sep 22, 2005
Issaquah, WA
Oh, wait a second--I went to Lake Sawyer, not St. Eds! :) I was confused. It was fun--went across the road and did the tight twisy trail. The trail was dry but slick in places. Then we went to check out the stunts, but considering the slickness of the wood, we opted not to do them! Thanks for the suggestions.