Quantcast

Winterberg

k9handler

Monkey
Aug 19, 2004
Fort Collins, CO
A group are meeting at Winterberg, Germany this weekend as the season opener is 31 Mar. We will be there on 1 Apr.

I feel like I am talking to myself of the "europe regional" forum, guess ridemonkey has not quite taken off here.

Sandro

Terrified of Cucumbers
Nov 12, 2006
The old world
I didn't know Winterberg opened that early, if i didn't have to wait for my full face helmet i'd definitely be there tomorrow.

And you're right, there's definitely a lack of euro monkeys.

Sandro

Terrified of Cucumbers
Nov 12, 2006
The old world
That sounds incredibly tempting, but i don't have all my gear ready yet and will do some local riding instead. Anyways, enjoy Winterberg, i heard they built a bunch of new stuff.

k9handler

Monkey
Aug 19, 2004
Fort Collins, CO
Just got home...B.E.U.tiful day at Winterberg. They built a bunch of new North Shore type stuff, some new sections on the DH run, and new stuff on the Slope Style. The DH run is very fast, the new rock garden is almost not even there as you just hit it fast and forget about it...and the bottom is not so technical any longer as they cleaned it up with a few new sections. All in all a good day of fun fast runs...if you want technical you must go elsewhere as Winterberg is not on the Todtnau/Bad Wildbad level of difficulty.