Quantcast

wintergreen ascent race

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I've never done the race but I have done the climb after about 40 miles of riding and it was a freaking killer. That day I climbed from the valley to the top of the blue ridge 3 times at a total of 120 miles. I bonked so hard I could barely stand up, if it was not for a bag of circus peanuts from a gas station I think I would have died.

dhriderII

Monkey
Nov 26, 2004
good ol' culpep
do u live around culpeper? cause im looking for someone else to train with for this race, and for this season, got one other guy that i ride with, we keep a pretty good pace and we need someone else to push us both a little more, plus its always more fun to ride with more people. if u ride with the shop alot u might have seen me out, i ride a red cannondale r600 and im generally always the youngest guy out there, a ripe old age of 18

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I live a bit north of Charlottesville but check the sig, I ride with the guys at the Bike Stop in Culpeper. I don't do much road riding up that way, usually just around the house or I head to the Blue Ridge Parkway. But I do head up to the "kicker" in Madison. If you want to train for a hill climb that is one of the best things going although it is a dirt ride. Once the weather warms up I'll start doing some loooong road rides early Sunday mornings, if your ever interested just let me know.