Quantcast

Wintergreen Report and a few pictures

Nasty Nick

Chimp
May 15, 2007
Covesville, Virginia
weather report is now calling for light rain sunday-as long as it stays light rain Im still good to go...if it gets worse or you decide to cancel Nick let "us" know.
If it is raining by 6 am I will likely cancel the early 7 am meeting but since I sent out notices and have the 10 am time posted on my web site, it would have to be heavy steady rain for me not to show for the 10 am.

I can't say how many will be there. I don't require anyone to notify me b4 coming.

Check my reservation callendar for any changes b4 you come:

http://www.leys.com/callendar.html

May 22, 2006
waynsesboro va.
you know maybe his watch or clock time is different and even the computer clock can be off, I didnt show up due to weather. ...I trust Nick and he's giving riders a chance to ride more of the fun stuff without doing all the driving give the guy a break. Nick thanks for the chance, maybe another weekend when the weather isnt so crappy-
Later....

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
I think BigMike is simply trying to be difficult....We all know Nick to be a stand up guy guy.

Sheesh...it was ONLY a minute! It was an obvious joke....

I need to check the schedule for Nick's shuttles......

OK, what did we learn today? Humor.....AND....BigMikes clock is slow....

:D

May 22, 2006
waynsesboro va.
lol...yep lesson learned...maybe it is all just from to many times over the bars...ha ha. Anyways where are all you guys from? Id love to meet more downhillers from around here.

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
you know maybe his watch or clock time is different and even the computer clock can be off, I didnt show up due to weather. ...I trust Nick and he's giving riders a chance to ride more of the fun stuff without doing all the driving give the guy a break. Nick thanks for the chance, maybe another weekend when the weather isnt so crappy-
Later....
Damn dude, I totally appreciate what Nick is doing, I was kidding!

I think BigMike is simply trying to be difficult....We all know Nick to be a stand up guy guy.

Sheesh...it was ONLY a minute! It was an obvious joke....

I need to check the schedule for Nick's shuttles......

OK, what did we learn today? Humor.....AND....BigMikes clock is slow....

:D
No sir, you need to contact Mr. Ridemonkey himself, it has nothing to do with my clock, its HIS clock that is slow :)

So did anyone actually ride? And Yakuza, I am in Richmond, and SK6 is in wannabe Richmond (Molesterfield)

May 22, 2006
waynsesboro va.
lol....cool. Im not sure if anyone rode yesterday. I was hoping the weather was going to hold back so I could get some video footage. Oh well I'll just make a few runs this week.

Nasty Nick

Chimp
May 15, 2007
Covesville, Virginia
So did anyone actually ride?
No one rode, but I was there. I figure it would be bad to organize a ride and not show up. It was only a light rain but was cool. The rain did get fairly heavy later.

I did some exploring on foot, with an unbrella, but cut it short as my alergies had me stopped up and sneezing from the bush hogging I did Saturday morning at Wintergreen.

Vegetation at Wintergreen was starting to become a problem on the trails where there was plenty of sun. It is likely to be a simular situation at Sherando and Big Levels.

Can anyone who has ridden there in the last week or two give me a report? I may need to organize a work crew from CAMBC (Charlottesville Area Mountain Bike Club) to cut it back.

May 22, 2006
waynsesboro va.
well I ride white rock gap pretty often 2-3times a week (short runs though-I work standing for 10hrs a day...lol but getting out to ride occasionally makes me happy)....anyways just a ways past the first stream crossing there is a section where there is a small rock ledge (small jump) there is a tree down close to it. Its a bad place to lose momentum. Other than that white rock looks good to the upper lake...but there are a few spots that could be cut back but Im not complaining except for the tree thats down. Slacks looked good the last time I rode it about a month ago. The blue loops and torry I have no idea its been awhile since i rode them but they looked good when I rode them. I have taken my xterra up the jeep trail from the coal road and I have to say it looked fun, very rocky and eroded.
I took my first helmet cam video today down white rock gap-I was pretty happy with how it turned out but I need to adjust the camera up a little more...what my wife saw of my ride freaked her out ha ha. I cant wait till I get a better angle! once I get the other angle footage and edit the 2 Ill post it for you guys to view. If anytime you guys are up to getting some video shots done let me know and Ill arrange something.
later

mtwhore

Chimp
Jun 20, 2006
Harrisonburg
I would like to watch some helmet cam footage from that area.
Its a real drag it rained Sunday. I was down there at about 9:30, saw no one and turned right around. It was probably good for my health didnt realize I was still intoxicated till I made my way back to bed.
I love that spot. If theres ever a suitable time during the week it serve me better. I want to get my moneys worth out of my snowshoe pass. Regardless, dont count me out. I will still make it for some sherando shuttles. Keep it real Nick.