Quantcast

-$-winturday gmt-$-

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
Morning.

Wifey and I are meeting up with a fellow monkey in a few hours and going skiing. Although, currently it's only 1*F outside here at the house. Oh it's gonna be a cold one today.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
WHAT IT DO! Working today...probably 4-5 hours. I've got a 75 minute run to get to later. I will say that for outdoor activities in the cold, after about 10 minuets of running you don't even notice the cold except on your nose and chin.

dhmike

Turbo Monkey
Dec 20, 2006
Boise Idaho
Morning , coffee now trail ride later . I looked at the 2015 mayhem fest lineup ANTHRAX and high on fire are rumored. Yes please !

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I'm glad the work week is over. Costco today, selling some underused cast iron skillets on the local swap, and not much else planned.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
Woot Saturday.

Might go look at some new bike racks today. I think I have my eyes set on a Kuat NV...
Those Kuat racks look pretty, but theyre fiddly. My buddy just got rid of his. It linked at the joint connecting the second pair of bike mounts. His was warranties and then he got a north shore rack. (He's got a grand Cherokee). I've got a Thule T2 and like it , but I like the look of the new yakimas...and they work well.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
i'd recommend the one up hitch racks highly
I've seen a few of those, they look so...what's the correct word? Spindly? I could be completely wrong though, I've only looked in passing and didn't give it the 'ole shake it test.

Those Kuat racks look pretty, but theyre fiddly. My buddy just got rid of his. It linked at the joint connecting the second pair of bike mounts. His was warranties and then he got a north shore rack. (He's got a grand Cherokee). I've got a Thule T2 and like it , but I like the look of the new yakimas...and they work well.
Hmm, good points. This is going on my car, so it'd never see anymore than the standard two bikes. There does seem to be a lot of parts on the Kuat, though.

Perhaps I should look at Yakima. I haven't taken a good look at them in a while. One of my main concerns is the weight of the rack, I want to keep it as light as possible.

I got a lil distracted looking for some snow today, didn't make it to the rack store. Found the snow though, too bad it took an hour to get there :(

I even found some ice. Didn't roll it. :busted:

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
I filed down the huge scratch on my buddy's fork. It was puking oil attracting dirt and causing much havoc in the cold weather. I replaced the seal with a enduro seal. I now have all the tools to service any fork. Except corresponding bush tools. Do not have them.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I filed down the huge scratch on my buddy's fork. It was puking oil attracting dirt and causing much havoc in the cold weather. I replaced the seal with a enduro seal. I now have all the tools to service any fork. Except corresponding bush tools. Do not have them.
No tool for bush when forking? Sad.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
What kind of Lathe. Be specific. I need some sockets ground down and a bunch of other work done.
Hardinge T-51 Superprecision with sub-spindle and live tooling should cover all the bases. Could crank out custom sockets faster than you describe them.

Last edited:

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Hardinge T-51 should cover all the bases. Could crank out custom sockets faster than you describe them.
I live in the land of failed machine shops. And hey can if I make some quick money selling the machines that get left behind from those failed shops sometimes I will. Very few Hardinge t-51 Superprecision with sub-spindle and live tooling system get left behind or even exist in the modern world. Niagara stuff is pretty popular around here and most everywhere.

Last edited: