Quantcast

Wisp/Gravity East Race (updated trail pics inside)

Larson TT y0!

Monkey
Jan 21, 2007
Maryland
New DH Course= Ready and awaiting you to shred it

Dual Track= Revamped and dialed (watered and packed 2x after pics taken)

Mountain Coaster= Is open and a serious rush, you can no brake it all the way down.

Spot the UFO

New feature, more where that came from..

Thanks to Mr. Jason Beckley for lending a helping hand.

BigHitComp04

Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
Morgantown, WV
Is this DH course ending with the step up, down in the tubing area? i noticed some new trail working going down that direction (where that step down is). I realllllllllly hope it is, i love that last section.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
I was at the mtn riding all of the pictured stuff yesterday looks really good, that rock tranny is awesome total butter.

As for the DH course yes it is on the tubing side of the hill there is a new upper portion with some berms, gaps, and drops that links up with the lower part of 'Drop It' which ends up at the stepdown hip gaps...Real fast and fun.

Aug 6, 2006
Denver, CO
that was in the helmet cam posted on sicklines.
the video posted on sicklines under "new race course" is indeed the new race course to be run this coming weekend. It will end with the big stepup into the tubing park, followed by the two fun step downs.

After the video was recorded, more work was done to the course, a few extra berms were added for smoother lines/less braking, and I've heard rumors that a fun double was added.....:lighten:

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
in da shed, mon, in da shed
I was at the mtn riding all of the pictured stuff yesterday looks really good, that rock tranny is awesome total butter.

As for the DH course yes it is on the tubing side of the hill there is a new upper portion with some berms, gaps, and drops that links up with the lower part of 'Drop It' which ends up at the stepdown hip gaps...Real fast and fun.
That run ruled and we hit it many times. I must have seen you up there as our group of four seemed to be about the biggest one all weekend. We rode all day Saturday and Sunday and I was on a Scream, Jason was on a DHR, Mike was on an M1 and Jim was on a Haro. We camped at Bumble Bee and got O-BLIT-ER-ATED both Friday and Saturday nights in preparation for our DH "performance". Amazingly, we had only one good spill...and for once, I was not the one who took it. :happydance:

skatetokil

Turbo Monkey
Jan 2, 2005
DC/Bluemont VA
the schedule has been up since may . . .

there are still a couple late season races if you feel like driving 5-8 hours to Diablo or Platty but this wisp thing is the last one in the immediate area.