Wisp Resort Early Season Update

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
FYI: Wisp Resort Early Season Update

wispoutdoors said:
Hey all monkeys - update from Wisp
We will be open weekends starting May 3 for downhill fun, we will be open 7 days a week starting June 20, the lift will run 10am - 5pm.
The trail crew has already started working on some new lines and trails down the mountain, look for lots of new trail features and fun play areas from the crew at Wisp
New Giant Downhill rental bikes this year.
Trail pass and lift pass $30 per day
Get your downhill season trail/lift pass for only $149 until May 10, after May 10, $199
2008 Downhill event weekends - May 24 - 25, June 21 - 22, July 27, August 2-3 and September 27 -28
See you on the trails at Wisp

Mr Ridiculous

Margarita my slippers
Apr 21, 2006
Morgantown, WV
I'd love to head up for their opening weekend, since I'm going to school only about 30 minutes away. I've got finals the next week though, so I don't know.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
we are thinking about doing a wisp trip on sunday if diablo falls through this weekend...

:lighten:

Pretty stoked on dh in general right now, let the games begin?

Dustin any good updates?

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
rode wisp last weekend and had a blast, the trails were in perfect shape, lines are pretty much the same with a few exceptions.

The new drop on to the rock up top by the jump lines is pretty much perfect (the deck could use about 5' of length and a better approach) but all and all awesome job.

Only complaint is the lift that thing is torture, and it would be great to see some more lines put in for $30 a day. I get bored by end of day usually...

my .02

Secace

Chimp
Jun 12, 2007
Akron, OH
rode wisp last weekend and had a blast, the trails were in perfect shape, lines are pretty much the same with a few exceptions.

The new drop on to the rock up top by the jump lines is pretty much perfect (the deck could use about 5' of length and a better approach) but all and all awesome job.

Only complaint is the lift that thing is torture, and it would be great to see some more lines put in for $30 a day. I get bored by end of day usually...

my .02
That lift there is indeed perfect torture. Better than hiking it up no doubt but damn that thing takes forever. And on a hot day when the sun is frying ya... I'll hit up Wisp sometime early June. Can't wait to get out.

Feb 12, 2008
Maryland
OK so I'm heading up that way to spend time with some family that weekend but Sunday is totally dedicated to shredding. I've never ridden there before nor do I have many details about the race. I know registration is at 9 and the race is at 11 but do we have lift access afterwards? I want to check out the new step down and road gap.

drumbum540

Monkey
Mar 24, 2008
Stephens City, VA
I went riding at wisp a year ago, and it wasn't all too exciting. the lift was terrible though. we rented the cannondale geminis because we didn't have proper bikes. do you think a hardtail would survive there with all the new stuff? I wouldn't mind going back to that place, especially if it has been re-built.