Wolf Laurel Response?

Metal Dude

Turbo Monkey
Apr 7, 2006
Smackdonough, GA
So how was the Wolf Laurel turnout?
How was the course? And the Racing?
Was there ground made in the goal of
convincing them that this weekends event should warrant a MTB themed park?

motomike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 19, 2005
North Carolina
It was a good time. About 1/2 the people who said they would show up, didn't. Shame on you all! The course was OLD SKOOL straight up, and got really fun after some small ruts and lines started popping up.

Pros
1. Herndon
2. Beytagh
3. Haley
4. Devault
5. Stagner

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
No worries you had a good excuse... I'll bring it to Boone on Friday.
I didn't have a bike to ride for slalom. I've got my Sunday, a road bike and a cruiser. I might not come close to winning a slalom, but if I race one, I want to at least be competitive. :twitch:

I was at Sugar and there were tons of guys with DH bikes up there. Every one of them didn't even know Wolf was going on, in fairness to them.

motomike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 19, 2005
North Carolina
I was at Sugar and there were tons of guys with DH bikes up there.
awesome, can you make it up there next weekend by any chance? I'll be riding there both saturday and sunday, and devault is coming up for one of those days as well. Is the new trail around the top rock drop built?

highrevs

Monkey
Oct 13, 2005
NC
I had a good time hanging out taking photos at wolf laurel. I’m not too sure if the numbers added up for the guys making the decisions about the bike park, but it seemed everyone that made it had fun. I had a chance to meet a few more people, which is always cool and the racing was pretty sweeet. The loose and dusty corners made for fun photos.

I have some pretty solid shots from the day. Give me some time and I’ll have a fairly significant gallery up.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
awesome, can you make it up there next weekend by any chance? I'll be riding there both saturday and sunday, and devault is coming up for one of those days as well. Is the new trail around the top rock drop built?
I posted in the DH forum. I'll keep this thread on topic.

Realisticly speaking, slalom is not going to be winning over the brass without the DH riders being present. Ryan got an opportunity to test his planning skills on this one and can now concentrate on the August DH/DS combo and make it have bang for the buck. :thumb:

What would help attendance more than anything is if you, the riders, are taking a copy of the flyer to all the shops personally and getting it posted now so people can plan NOW. Also, link it on every random forum, thread and forward it in emails to anyone you know who rides.

Most MTB'ers don't stay glued to this forum like us and will never know if they aren't told IN PERSOn.

Peete

Turbo Monkey
May 5, 2002
just south of the ATL
It helps if the flyer is out more than 1 week in advance.

I was planning on going right up to the last second but I could not find any reasonable lodging this side of Weaverville.

I'll definitely let everyone down here know about the next race. Having DH and DS will attract more folks. Sorry I missed a good time.

mbrp07

Chimp
Jul 27, 2006
Big thanks to all who showed last weekend- turned out to be very competitive racing! Please spread the word on the August event and bring you friends to check it out.

If you want a cabin at the resort act fast. Otherwise, Holiday Inn Express Erwin, TN has great rooms for a deal! The whole place is clean, has a pool and is only 20 minutes from the resort. Do consider giving them your business as they have sponsored these events.

Downhill course volunteer help is needed this coming saturday- Holla if you want in!