Quantcast

Wolf ridge (formerly laurel?) DS Race this Sat 7/07

Murphy's Law

Monkey
Apr 29, 2006
Raleighwood NC
Are there ANY course pics out there? i'm kinda curious what it looks like, what i should expect....this is going to be my first time back on the bike since i effed up my foot at the US Open back in may..... can't wait to race again!!!!:cheers:

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
murph, i think this is a southeast natives race only. obtuse yankee accent aren't welcome. you know, it's all about the image and keeping out the northern trash ;)

edit: you might be able to sneak in as long as you don't talk about caaaars or cwuoofee ;)

Murphy's Law

Monkey
Apr 29, 2006
Raleighwood NC
first off, only people from the boston area say "cahhhrs" and i don't drink cwuoofeee :disgust1: and i can do a great forest gump impersonation if you want me to sound like i'm from around these parts. I just want to get back on my bike. oh, and here's a course description i found on triangle.

Steep start shoot into hip, into double, into flat grass turn, into double, into flat grass turn, into berm, into flat grass, into step up, into berm, into berm, into double, into berm, into berm, into berm, into double, into double= finish line. whew! i think that is all of it. A good 300+ feet

:clapping:

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
murph, i think this is a southeast natives race only. obtuse yankee accent aren't welcome. you know, it's all about the image and keeping out the northern trash ;)

edit: you might be able to sneak in as long as you don't talk about caaaars or cwuoofee ;)
Wow, I'm figurin' I should listen to the GREAT Buford T. Justice!

:p

:D

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
first off, only people from the boston area say "cahhhrs" and i don't drink cwuoofeee :disgust1: and i can do a great forest gump impersonation if you want me to sound like i'm from around these parts. I just want to get back on my bike. oh, and here's a course description i found on triangle.

Steep start shoot into hip, into double, into flat grass turn, into double, into flat grass turn, into berm, into flat grass, into step up, into berm, into berm, into double, into berm, into berm, into berm, into double, into double= finish line. whew! i think that is all of it. A good 300+ feet

:clapping:
I'll give you $50.00 if you can finish the day without a yuckin yankee "Hoely **** dood!" :D

DVNT

Turbo Monkey
Jul 16, 2004
had a quick question.
don't know if this was covered in the 4-5 other threads.

Saturday August 18th:
DH practice 8:30 to 9:30
DH race starts at 10am

DS Practice 9-12
DS race Qualifying starts at 12:30pm

doesn't seem possible/plausible to do both oh wells...

going to be in asheville for the sorba board meeting and
was hoping to try to dodge out of part of it to show some dh love.

How long of a drive is it from Wolf to Brevard?

mbrp07

Chimp
Jul 27, 2006
no motter what I would have put on the flyer, nothing would have seemed possible...there will be a definite slalom practice window after the DH. Also, as soon as any rider's DH run is complete, they can then do what they like slalom wise- rest, practice the course, what ever.

Any other questions?

DVNT

Turbo Monkey
Jul 16, 2004
Hey thanks. i know scheduling stuff is a bitch.

i was just wondering if there is a definite slalom practice after the DH and it gets pushed back a bit, if I can make it over after the meeting in time to race.

^rhetorical question.
i'll just give it a shot.
at least I'll be there in time to watch the finals.

thanks for putting all this together.

mbrp07

Chimp
Jul 27, 2006
it is what it is...but you could be going home with cold hard cash or hundreds of dollars worth of components. prizes include: set of code brakes, 5.1 rims, Pike, truvativ cranks bb chainguide combo, truvativ stem bar combos, tires, full face, cane creek headsets, plus all the usual sub-$50 stuff.

You face the challenge we all have- to struggle to get to a race in hopes of a good return. Btw, the cheapest rooms are in Erwin, TN. I think $60-70 a night with rider discount and it is only 20 mins from the venue.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Ryan, would they let them primitive camp in the parking lots over at the original lodge? They can use the restrooms on the outside of the First Aid building. $3.00 per person is what I charged and no one left a mess.

mbrp07

Chimp
Jul 27, 2006
Unfortunately, they do not want any camping, anywhere. Gate access to the old lodge is frowned upon as well; Laurel residents prefer riders to use the new lodge, resort and slopes...
Holiday Inn Express, Erwin is the best bet.

ridiculous

Turbo Monkey
Jan 18, 2005
MD / NoVA
it is what it is...but you could be going home with cold hard cash or hundreds of dollars worth of components. prizes include: set of code brakes, 5.1 rims, Pike, truvativ cranks bb chainguide combo, truvativ stem bar combos, tires, full face, cane creek headsets, plus all the usual sub-$50 stuff.

You face the challenge we all have- to struggle to get to a race in hopes of a good return. Btw, the cheapest rooms are in Erwin, TN. I think $60-70 a night with rider discount and it is only 20 mins from the venue.
Clemson Freeride will be there in full effect and yes the Holiday Inn express is the cheapest, with rider discount it is 70/night

mbrp07

Chimp
Jul 27, 2006
good to hear. I came down for your event and it was sooo much fun, glad to return the favor with a big-smile-factor course.

If anyone is interested- August 11 workday on dh and ds.

ridiculous

Turbo Monkey
Jan 18, 2005
MD / NoVA
good to hear. I came down for your event and it was sooo much fun, glad to return the favor with a big-smile-factor course.

If anyone is interested- August 11 workday on dh and ds.
Ill post it on our forum, i wont be back in the south until the 17th but there maybe a couple interested. DId you post it up on that yahoo southeast DH group yet?

Mike Fitz

Monkey
Jun 14, 2005
Charlotte Nc
Unfortunately, they do not want any camping, anywhere. Gate access to the old lodge is frowned upon as well; Laurel residents prefer riders to use the new lodge, resort and slopes...
Holiday Inn Express, Erwin is the best bet.
So where is a good campground that is close?

mbrp07

Chimp
Jul 27, 2006
Coleman Boundary, Pisgah Nat Forest. About 25 minutes from the resort. Real nice place with great trail system. It is primitive camping, though.

Creativity In "campground" could surely get you closer...