Quantcast

Wolfhound worship bastard lovebaby thread

jncarpenter

Monkey
Apr 1, 2002
lynchburg, VA
...wouldn't be fair to comment, as I didn't have enough time on it to dial it in. Miles e spent a couple days on it & really liked it over his PUSH'd vanilla. He runs a 6.5" x 1.75" Fox that bumps the travel on the Sultan up to 5" (stock is 4.3") without any contact. We were talking to DT about a 5.5" Turner in the future...he said he is just waiting on the forks & then he will whip one up!!!

mud'n'sweat

Falcon
Feb 12, 2006
Next Thursday would be epic Jay, I'm off all day long. We can go anywhere you want to check out. If you are up for it, we can make it a loooong ride. Getting my miles in for the SM100. If you're still recovering, no worries.

jncarpenter

Monkey
Apr 1, 2002
lynchburg, VA
By "swoopy", you mean the seat stays I suppose? There is not much that Fred bends aside from these...the struts that comprise the split seat tube will be bent. So far, I think it will look alot like the drawing I did originally to show Fred what I was wanting:

...the seat stays will be less "swoopy" for mine, similar to the frame on the right in this picture. My gussets will also be a box gusset.

auntie bob

Chimp
Jan 28, 2006
speechless. damn!

Do you think you could skip straight to clearcoat and do the naked look? Would that hold up?
(you guys seen the raw 'works' intense finishes in person yet? drool...)

mud'n'sweat

Falcon
Feb 12, 2006
You think he can finish it, paint it and ship it here before Saturday for Douthat?

Well, at least it will be here sooner than later! :biggrin:

jncarpenter

Monkey
Apr 1, 2002
lynchburg, VA
You think he can finish it, paint it and ship it here before Saturday for Douthat?

Well, at least it will be here sooner than later! :biggrin:
...It may be headed to paint by the end of next week. Likely a few more weeks before I get her tho :D

Not sure I would want to rip Douthat on a SS my first trip there tho ;)
....guess you'll just have to head down my way sometime & ride Candlers Mt.

mud'n'sweat

Falcon
Feb 12, 2006
...It may be headed to paint by the end of next week. Likely a few more weeks before I get her tho :D

Not sure I would want to rip Douthat on a SS my first trip there tho ;)
....guess you'll just have to head down my way sometime & ride Candlers Mt.
Candlers definitely has my interest peaked, but not sure the El M is up for some TTF's :redface:

Think we can hit Douthat EARLY? I'd like to burn off about 35-40 miles and still get home at a decent time. If we have a group, there are tons of bail out spots and people can ride the lengths they feel up for and then easily hit a nice DH run back to the cars. We put down 40 miles there on Wednesday and had a total blast!

jncarpenter

Monkey
Apr 1, 2002
lynchburg, VA
Sure, blame it on the El M :D

I would really like to get a good sized group together for the ride. I would just assume get an early start myself....but with a 1.5 hour drive to get there....likely can get riding by 10-10:30ish.

mud'n'sweat

Falcon
Feb 12, 2006
No worries. If I make it any earlier I may just burn off a lap before the group arrives. Any luck getting people interested?

To stay on topic, dem der fillets ser look purdy :cheers:

jncarpenter

Monkey
Apr 1, 2002
lynchburg, VA
OK, trying to decide on the final graphics package. This is what I have come up with so far.....

Downtube design:

...the fork legs as well as the seat tube will get a double crown of thorns as well.

What do you think?

PS. Rich....will continue our conversation via email. :D