Quantcast

womens weekend at rays 2/19/10

sweetbabyd

Chimp
May 20, 2007
Bucks County, PA
i'll be there Red! we ladies get the place to themselves until 4:00! if you've ever felt intimidated to try some new jumps, skinnies or the foam pit - the Women's Weekend is the time! lots of friendly women pros there to offer you good advice - and a delicious lunch is included!
a few of us from the philly area are going - i've been there a few times before, and i can tell you - Ray's is MEGA-AWESOME!
the prices are extremely reasonable, as well as local lodging at the Holiday Inn Airport. if you mention you are a guest at Ray's you get a discount. i think the room wound up being around $67 without taxes etc. and bike rentals at Ray's were only TEN BUCKS a day! a three day pass might have been $40? but maybe less... and the staff is delightful! DO IT! check out the website: www.raysmtb.com

redheadrider

Chimp
Feb 9, 2009
nj jess - last year it was free for the women on friday and half price for saturday and sunday (but i don’t know if that’s what they’re doing again this year; you’ll have to wait and check the website when they have it posted) i just wanted to get the date out there so people could make plans/request for off/etc. if you go to the rays website the normal rates/hours are there and they also give you info for the hotel and discount.

redheadrider

Chimp
Feb 9, 2009
just trying to help spread the word . . .

The Ray's Angels Women's Weekend at Ray's Indoor Mountain Bike Park will be February 19-21, 2010. Free clinics will be available for riders of all skill levels. This is a great opportunity for ladies to learn from some of the best female riders and coaches at one of the Midwest's most popular winter indoor riding locations.

On Friday, February 19th, Ray's will be reserved for the ladies...but we're leaving the Rhythm Room open for the STAG party (that means the fellas). Saturday and Sunday will be open to all, but women are welcome for 1/2 price! Put your knew skills to the test and show the guys how it's done!

Pre-register by February 1st to get your FREE Ray's Angel's Women's Weekend t-shirt! Go to http://www.raysmtb.com for more info and a link to register.

Here is a great video from the 2009 event:

Also, check out the list of coaches for 2010. A new bio page is coming soon, but take a look at the list of pro riders!

Expertise ranges from BMX, Slopetyle, All-mountain, XC, DirtJump and more!

http://www.raysmtb.com/index.php?option ... &Itemid=46

This is a great opportunity to learn from some of the top female riders in several different disciplines. Two of the coaches were recent instructors at the Midwest Women's Mountain Bike Clinic! Hone in your skills or step outside your comfort zone and try something new. With just under 100 participants in 2009 (and hopes of over 100+ in 2010), this is the largest women's mountain bike event of the year! Don't miss out!

http://www.dirtragmag.com/blogarific/dirt-rag-rays-ww

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
:( Alas, I will not be making it to Women's Weekend again this year! (We're taking my daughter to Disney for her birthday during that time period). Have fun and kick it ladies! I can't wait to see the pictures!

tmx

aka chromegoddess
Mar 16, 2003
Portland
:( Alas, I will not be making it to Women's Weekend again this year! (We're taking my daughter to Disney for her birthday during that time period). Have fun and kick it ladies! I can't wait to see the pictures!
ARGH!!! :rant:

That is all.

tmx

aka chromegoddess
Mar 16, 2003
Portland
:( I know. I was hoping you would be there too. Are you going to be there any other weekends? I am betting the family would let me sneak away another weekend :)
I'll be there the weekend before, Feb 13/14. Would be so fun if you came out for that. Like a pre-women's weekend warm-up. And I'll take a photo of you shreddin' the park, blow it up life-size and tack it up in various sections during the WW and it'll be like you're there with us. :weee:

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
I'll be there the weekend before, Feb 13/14. Would be so fun if you came out for that. Like a pre-women's weekend warm-up. And I'll take a photo of you shreddin' the park, blow it up life-size and tack it up in various sections during the WW and it'll be like you're there with us. :weee:
LOL! That would be AWESOME!!! We actually are heading south on the 13th :( There will be another weekend though...we simply must ride together soon!

tmx

aka chromegoddess
Mar 16, 2003
Portland
LOL! That would be AWESOME!!! We actually are heading south on the 13th :( There will be another weekend though...we simply must ride together soon!
Yes, we must. In the meantime I'll make due lurking your ride posts.

Will miss you again this year and hope for next year. :thumb:

redheadrider

Chimp
Feb 9, 2009
i was told the women’s weekend is going to be the weekend after valentine’s day each year, so maybe you can mark 2/18/11 on your calendar for next year

redheadrider

Chimp
Feb 9, 2009
i just wanted to say THANK YOU SO MUCH to everyone who helped make the women’s weekend happen this year. i think there were a lot of happy women because of your hard work and time. each year it gets bigger and better, and this year was huge. if you weren’t there, there were lots of goodies given away (complete bike, some frames, several helmets, bags, t-shirts, and so much more), great coaches/pros, bikes to demo, food/drinks, an after party, slide show of pictures of the day, women of dirt video, and just an all around great time riding with some friends (both new and old). i can’t wait until next year.

I didn’t get to take too many pictures, but there were a couple girls who wanted to see what I got of them, so these are all the ones that came out

NJ Jess

Monkey
Sep 23, 2006
mtbnj.com
I fell in love with this place. I was determined to learn how to jump a table top. With the guidance of Leigh donovan, Gail, and Nina,..I finally did the 4 pack. It was such a thrill bursting experience,..I phone ordered an Aaron Chase Dirt Jumper by phone on the way home. Now I have been going to the BMX track to "Play!" You gotta make it next year!

tmx

aka chromegoddess
Mar 16, 2003
Portland
I fell in love with this place. I was determined to learn how to jump a table top. With the guidance of Leigh donovan, Gail, and Nina,..I finally did the 4 pack. It was such a thrill bursting experience,..I phone ordered an Aaron Chase Dirt Jumper by phone on the way home. Now I have been going to the BMX track to "Play!" You gotta make it next year!
Sweet. Congratulations on clearing the 4pack and getting your very own jump bike. Even better you ordered it on the way home. :thumb: