Quantcast

Woodman Bill SS hub owners...

cjcrashesalot

Monkey
May 15, 2005
WA
I'm lookin for a cassette SS disc hub for DJ's and the like. I have a couple of questions:

How is the engagement? How many points?

Do the bearings require constant adjustment?

And finally, how does it sound? I like louder hubs.

I've heard good things about this hub, and it is not too expensive.

Thanks, -Chris

basikbiker

Monkey
Jun 15, 2006
Northern Cali
i have one its loud and has really crips clacls, it has sealed bearings so no worries really and the engagement is good no idea on points but it has some burly pawls

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
loud as ****, and hasn't come loose after a couple months so far. Compared to the xt hub i used run this thing is in a whole new catagory! i dig it to say the least

cjcrashesalot

Monkey
May 15, 2005
WA
Thank you, exactly what I needed to hear. I'm actually on an XT hub right now, and hate the constant adjustments it requires, and the loose ball bearings.

Anyone know where to get one of these online besides universal cycles?

niguet

Monkey
Sep 11, 2005
It's a great hub, it sounds really good, not so loud as ringle hubs but is a nice sound, and i think that it has 24engadement points

cjcrashesalot

Monkey
May 15, 2005
WA
unrealcycles.com has the woodman hub and nashbar has their version.
Yea, I would get the nashbar version but it only comes in 36h, and I have a 32h rim waiting to be laced up.

Is it at all possible to get the original planet x/on one version anymore? Their sites don't list the hub, but it's possible some store has a few leftover

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
Yea, I would get the nashbar version but it only comes in 36h, and I have a 32h rim waiting to be laced up.

Is it at all possible to get the original planet x/on one version anymore? Their sites don't list the hub, but it's possible some store has a few leftover
The Woodman, On-One, and Nashbar are all made by Novatec. I think the UNO Bombshell is too. Try Googling those brands. There's a couple of other names it's sold under too, but I can't think of them.

There are 24 teeth inside the hub, and 3 pawls.

For the On-One, call Peter at Zedsport 650-728-2453. They handle US distribution and may be able to give you a lead on who has them if they don't.

Look into the IRO hub. Very similar in design to the Woodman, et al. and a steal at $49. I believe they're made by Formula.

rec

Chimp
Oct 1, 2004
Central Va.
I have one on my Toy 4 and I love it. Been running it since the Spring and have had no probs. I definitly would recommend it.
Peace
REC