Quantcast

Woohoo, DOW 10,000!!

gonefirefightin

free wieners
inflation is nothing more than market flattering. pre-consumer confidence builders and short windrows of capital for shareholders

it will get worse before it gets better and levels out.

a guy can make a killing if he plays pennys well in the next 7 months but that has to be day trading and working on the trends (in and out everyday)

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
looking for classic NE singletrack
Good job, KILLJOY!! Way to ruin the positive excitement going on here with an unhealthy dose of realism...

(graph of the S&P500 adjusted for dividends and inflation... and I doubt it's going back up anytime soon)

Last edited:

gonefirefightin

free wieners
the s&p is almost like a history lesson it seems, it will come back to a decent % but will never gain the high yeild it had unless we have another conflict.

I am willing to bet we will have some major issues with the nasdaq before the others will turn.

if people only knew what they can do with thier money in times like these, they could make a killing (but have to sit on thier computer for 8 hours like I do)

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
There is no data supporting this type of run... POMO will end very soon, only one left. What will happen when the govt stops propping the mkt?

gonefirefightin

free wieners
There is no data supporting this type of run... POMO will end very soon, only one left. What will happen when the govt stops propping the mkt?
the gov never starting propping the market just kept the shares intact. thats why this thing is flexing. the bigger wheels will get into a bilge buy and flex the majority and increase the value but they wont hold they monies there for long. I give it 2 weeks and it will be below recession value again.

nothing but a majority holdings drag race to gain consumer/trader cheerleaders for a very short haul

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Look at the major intra-day SPX moves overlaid with the Fed POMO actions. 1-1 correlation. It's *shocking* that when you dump $5mm-$1mmm into the market, that the equity mkts would go up as well. Just 100% totally shocking...

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
looking for classic NE singletrack
TheJoker - hey, if you'd kept your original target of 660 on the S&P (680? can't find it, search functions are down) as the point where you were going to buy in, you'd have made a killing in the last 6 months.

Too bad you wussed out and lowered your buying target. ;)

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Adolf Hitler fixed the German economy by building roads like the Autobahn and the military, like the SS, which is what Obama is doing with the Stimulus Act and Americorps.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Aware, but I've had a few biotechs take off like rockets, which still have me up 80% after my losses on shorts:
DNDN @ 4, and I have been range trading it between 23.5 - 24.5, and now 26.5 - 29.5.
PLX @ 3
OREX @ 3
MELA @ 6
ARNA - Bot $5 calls for .25$ at $2, sold for $5
BCRX @ ~2
And Gold at 850.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
yes. but we are at an inflated 10k. That's the point. This is not a 'real' 10k. you can't compare historical data without a common divisor.