Quantcast

WooHoo!! New Bike! Pics of my new STP!

Zenkis14

Monkey
Sep 20, 2009
So after beating myself up this past season on my BMX bike, I found that I actually jump much better on a 26" bike! And i cant race my 20" in dual slalom for Mizzou!

So i finally picked one up last week! Still all stock for now, but I see bars, stem, chainring, hydro discs, and single speed in its future.

Here is my new 2007 Giant STP (Frost Green)

sixgun_sound

Monkey
Sep 24, 2007
Yakima, WA
Nice, you're going to have fun on that. If you're going single-speed, I see no reason for hydro discs. A rear, cable operated disc is more than enough for the dirt jumps.

Zenkis14

Monkey
Sep 20, 2009
Latest pics/mods:
Marzocchi DJ3 rebuilt with Enduro Seals
E.Thirteen 32T Guidering
Surly SS 15T cog
Rennen Chain tensioner
Shadow Conspiracy Interlock Half-Link chain
Maxxis Holy Roller 2.4 tires
Hussefelt Cranks
BB5 Brakes

ODI Ruffian Grips (white) ordered and on the way hopefully soon, also hoping to have Thomson stem, Holzfeller Bars, and some hydro brakes soon!

I really do love this thing though! I am progressing so much faster with Jumping now that im off the 20" BMX. I love the BMX for park/street, but dude this thing is killer for dirt!

Last edited:

ServeEm

Turbo Monkey
Feb 21, 2006
SacTown
Looks like you have a cool trail location, parents are a good sign. I figure it they're accepting the trails should last a long time.

Zenkis14

Monkey
Sep 20, 2009
Yea, that shot there is a local spot in St. Louis. It is officially legal per the city, and free!

Cant get any better!

And the trails are killer with probably 6 or 8 completely different line-sets of jumps for ALL skill levels. Its an amazing place to ride, learn, and progress!