Quantcast

Woohoo, recession finally over.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
1.7% of which is CFC, I want to see how it is broken out beyond that.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
i decided to take a very conservative approach w/ my 401K stash for the time being...i pretty much made back most of my losses from the disastrous last year, but maybe i've been reading too many of Joker's posts...

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
CIT just declared, which means their CDO's and CDS' will be maked to mkt. Look for all others holding the same debt to be forced to mark as well. Regionals are going to get slammed in the coming weeks.
Given how much small business debt is issued by CIT, we can expect credit to tighten again.

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
looking for classic NE singletrack
From Bloomberg:

“Short term, it’s going to cause some difficulties for startups and smaller borrowers,” said Jean Everett, a partner at Hiscock & Barclay LLP focusing on financial institutions and lending. “CIT lent across so many sectors, it’s sort of difficult to predict how it’ll affect each sector.”
As a bike-related anecdote, CIT was the main lender for Iron Horse, and was left holding the bag when it imploded back in January.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Given how much small business debt is issued by CIT, we can expect credit to tighten again.
:rofl:
As a small business owner I don't see how SB loans can tighten any more. It hasn't been a viable option for at least 12 months.