Quantcast

Wooooowwww...so that's what IT feels like..

Dog Welder

Turbo Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Pasadena, CA
At 24 years old I finally did my first real grind. IT was a feeble on to a 3 foot ledge. It sounds so wrong but feels so right! Plus that smell of concrete on steel akin to burnt hair. After about 50 "unplanned" sprocket grinds I finally hooked it up. After every attempt I kept on checking my bike for damnage. Couple things I learned.

1. When going to a feeble it is natural to hit whatever you want to grind on at a too steep of an angle but if you do this you will hit your sprocket before your peg.

2. If you hook it up don't mess up your rythm...its like this when your' getting all nice and biblical with your lady, you don't go from a Marvin Gaye to some 200 beats per minute metal core trip hop, though that would be pretty damn funny. :D . After hooking up a right side grind a few times I was feeling balsy and tried my left side, couldn't get it hooked up..gave up and tried the right side again...and couldn't pin it for another 50 or so tries.

Well today I am sooooooooooooooo sore. I couldn't even lift the bikes at my shop. Can't wait till my muscles recover so that I can do it again.....fun s#it.