Quantcast

Work stands

R

RideMonkey

I have the Park, although I'm not sure its the consumer model. I have the one that folds up and fits in a duffel bag. Park Stands are tough, and the clamp is definately professional quality. I don't have any experience with the Ultimate........

RadRacer84

Chimp
Jul 7, 2001
I don't have a stand at home but when I was working at a bike shop we used Park. They were great. I was thinking about building my own. What i as going to do was build it out of some vary strudy wood. abviosly I have not written out a blue print yet but I will soon and I could send you one if interested.
peace RadRacer84

muddywolf

Chimp
Jul 1, 2001
somewhere in the desert
Park makes a good stand. I use a stand made by Spindoctor at home, it seems a little more sturdy than the Park, is height adjustable and cost a little less. I think I got it through performancebike.com

bscarola

Chimp
Jul 11, 2001
Norcal
I got the wrench force stand a couple years ago... not sure they are still making the same one but it has the tri-pod style base which I think the ultimate has too (they might be indentical). Anyhow it is super-sturdy and allows for more rotation of the bike than the Park consumer stand. Also, mine came with a decent little toolbox that mounts to the stand, a truing attachment that works pretty well and a nifty locking rod for holding the handle bars straight. It also folds up into a pretty small bag.

Pale

Chimp
Jul 1, 2001
New Mexico
I'm looking at stands, but have pretty much decided against a stand per se. I'm going to build a work bench and put the park bench mounted one on it. Also seriously considering putting a parts washer on the bench so that it's mounted a little below the bench. That way I can put a board over it to use as regular bench area when not in use. Once I get the plan set, I plan on posting it somewhere so that others who might be interested in doing something like this can use some of the ideas. (This is a few months away. I have to move NM in a couple of months, so I will build it after I get there).

Dis is how chu maks a foldin' work stand. Put two foldin' chairs back to back. Put chor bike betweens da chairs and put a broom ontop of da chair backs through your frame wherever it works da best. Chu cud also hang your bike by the stem an' seatpost.

Jul 1, 2001
Humboldt Nation
In my opinion the Park workstand clamp can't be beat. A lot of the other clamps seem flimsy in comparison. I went for years working on my bike without a stand. It's like an addictive drug once you get hooked. I bought a workstand a few years ago and that was it. Even after my original stand was stolen with my bike, tools, etc. etc. I bought a new one right away. My personal preference is the folding stand but any Park stand with that clamp is a good choice. Park comes with a lifetime warranty against manufacturing and material defects. I believe Park tools are worth the extra dough. I put Park tools in the same category for tool quality as I put Snap On tools.