Quantcast

Works HS fitment

alex

Chimp
May 20, 2004
Hey those familiar with the system,

As you know head tube length plays a major part in the way this HS works. So, that being said, my head tube is 140mm and the longest option from the model HS I'd like ends at 139mm.

Please she'd some light on why this HS will or will not work in a 1mm longer head tube.

Cheers,

A

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
Hey those familiar with the system,

As you know head tube length plays a major part in the way this HS works. So, that being said, my head tube is 140mm and the longest option from the model HS I'd like ends at 139mm.

Please she'd some light on why this HS will or will not work in a 1mm longer head tube.

Cheers,

A
1mm difference isn't going to make a difference imo, but email them to be sure. They might even build you a custom one for exactly 140.

atrokz

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2002
teedotohdot
I'd be very supprised if they designed a bike part that didn't account for a 1mm + fit up tolerance. Considering how bad this industry is in that regard.

But, rpet is correct. It's easy to take 1mm off your headtube if you need. Those reamers also allow facing as well.

Cant Climb

Turbo Monkey
May 9, 2004
You'll be 100% fine. Do not file down your headtube.
I ordered the 110 mm set for a 120 mm headtube (SC posted the worng numbers on the website).

Here is what works components told me VIA email:

"The other option here would be to fit the headset you have, what you may see is slightly less than a 1.5 degree angle change (around 0.1 deg less) but as the size is not a great deal in different (5mm) to what you have ordered i would not expect poor bearing life or problems with fitment - we have tested headsets in much larger and smaller sizes than intended with no noticable problems - they were much more than 5mm."