Quantcast

World Championships 2007

AlmostHeaven

Turbo Monkey
Jun 8, 2005
VIRGINIA
where is all the coverage at?

not trying to be a chav, just figured that i'd be finding new stuff for weeks afterwards and its only taken me 2 hours on the computer to look at every single image.

General Lee

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2003
The 802
My shoulder My Shoulder.
That's all Minaar ever says.

After Sam Hill kicks his butt for the 23rd time in a row.
to the contrary, he doesn't make much of a fuss about it. fact is, it's popped out during a few race runs this year and he's been on the podium despite it which is pretty flippin' impressive. He was in serious pain when he crossed the line in Ste. Anne so it's been no small effort on his part to keep racing.

every interview i've seen/read he seems to downplay it as just another variable to contend with during the race. certainly doesn't use it as an excuse, he's too much a class act for that.

most people wouldn't wack off with a dislocated shoulder let alone pin it down a world cup track.

Cant Climb

Turbo Monkey
May 9, 2004
to the contrary, he doesn't make much of a fuss about it. fact is, it's popped out during a few race runs this year and he's been on the podium despite it which is pretty flippin' impressive. He was in serious pain when he crossed the line in Ste. Anne so it's been no small effort on his part to keep racing.

every interview i've seen/read he seems to downplay it as just another variable to contend with during the race. certainly doesn't use it as an excuse, he's too much a class act for that.

most people wouldn't wack off with a dislocated shoulder let alone pin it down a world cup track.
Before this gets out of hand.

All i'm saying is he's had these shoulder problems for several years. Just seems like it should have been taken care of already....especailly with his resources and level of professionalism.

Really, strengthening and rehabbing a dislocated shoulder is basic stuff.....ten of thousands of atheletes rehab that injury all the time.

beaverbiker

Monkey
Feb 5, 2003
Santa Clara
Before this gets out of hand.

All i'm saying is he's had these shoulder problems for several years. Just seems like it should have been taken care of already....especailly with his resources and level of professionalism.

Really, strengthening and rehabbing a dislocated shoulder is basic stuff.....ten of thousands of atheletes rehab that injury all the time.
not all shoulder injuries can be fixed with rehab you dumb @ss. his definitely requires surgery that is pretty invasive (at least 2-3 months off the bike).

Cant Climb

Turbo Monkey
May 9, 2004
not all shoulder injuries can be fixed with rehab you dumb @ss. his definitely requires surgery that is pretty invasive (at least 2-3 months off the bike).
oh boy.

And you know his requires surgery.
and if he needs surgery, how long is his off season.....7-8 months.....?

Dec 25, 2003
Edinburgh, Scotland
So I finally got all my own photos up after playing catchup from the weekend, now on my flickr.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/douglascook/

Another one worth checking out is this guy here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/leonneal/sets/72157601892645058/
He was a friend of a friend who works for a photo agency in London and headed up North to shoot something a little different, normally does news stuff and had never even been to a mtb event before, we gave him a bit of a bluffers guide as to how the whole thing works and he went off and shot some great photos. I think it is interesting to see how someone who is not a MTBer or long time MTB photographer shoots the sport.

Red Bull

Turbo Monkey
Oct 22, 2004
oh boy.

I can almost gaurentee his needs surgery. Any shoulder that pops out that many times does.

My brother just went through it and my best friend is now. It's around 6 months including rehab for each of their surgerys (slightly different.)

beaverbiker

Monkey
Feb 5, 2003
Santa Clara
oh boy.

yea, I do know his shoulder problem. so do all the other people that shred hard and have the same problem. something you may not know much about. i was being conservative with the recovery. like red bull said, it's more like 6 months. and if you're a real pro DHer you spend the whole off season training and don't really have an off season.

Cant Climb

Turbo Monkey
May 9, 2004
yea, I do know his shoulder problem. so do all the other people that shred hard and have the same problem. something you may not know much about.
Is this Beaverbiker's daddy..?

Thanks for shedding some light Red Bull. Never heard of 6 months or even close to that but it's possible i guess.....hope he gets his shoulder right and its not chronic at this point.

Ian Collins

Turbo Monkey
Oct 4, 2001
Pacific Beach, San Diego, CA
And you have been yapping for far too long with your worthless opinion.
hey now, easy.....it's not an opinion....it's true, he's had shoulder issues for a while and the way i look at it, of all pro MTB riders (aside from maybe lopes) minnaar has the most financial clout (honda?!?!) and could get the surgery done by the best surgeons out there

......the longer you put stuff like that off the worse it is......my brother's shoulder was dislocated 4-5 times...he had the surgery which wasn't that bad according to him(and he's a puss) and was back to full strength/range of motion in 5 months......his only regret was not doing it sooner

Demomonkey

Monkey
Apr 27, 2005
Auckland New Zealand
hey now, easy.....it's not an opinion....it's true, he's had shoulder issues for a while and the way i look at it, of all pro MTB riders (aside from maybe lopes) minnaar has the most financial clout (honda?!?!) and could get the surgery done by the best surgeons out there

......the longer you put stuff like that off the worse it is......my brother's shoulder was dislocated 4-5 times...he had the surgery which wasn't that bad according to him(and he's a puss) and was back to full strength/range of motion in 5 months......his only regret was not doing it sooner
Whoops - are you reading this???

altix

Monkey
Feb 14, 2007
2. John Swanguen 5:08.89, +2.07
18. Tyler Mc Caul 5:25.32, + 18.50
29. Logan Binggeli 5:34.01, + 27.19
30. Brad Oien 5:34.45, + 27.63
33. Tim Price 5:39.00, + 33.37
41. Joey Schusler 5:49.50, + 42.68

ÆX

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
NM
So I finally got all my own photos up after playing catchup from the weekend, now on my flickr.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/douglascook/

Another one worth checking out is this guy here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/leonneal/sets/72157601892645058/
He was a friend of a friend who works for a photo agency in London and headed up North to shoot something a little different, normally does news stuff and had never even been to a mtb event before, we gave him a bit of a bluffers guide as to how the whole thing works and he went off and shot some great photos. I think it is interesting to see how someone who is not a MTBer or long time MTB photographer shoots the sport.
yours of ben reid and chris hutchens were my fave. thanks for letting
us see what you saw!

the guys from Londons best shots were. ET finally lands - tunnel vision. composition not seen in normal mtb photos.

Akula_7

Monkey
Nov 15, 2004
My shoulder My Shoulder.
That's all Minaar ever says.

After Sam Hill kicks his butt for the 23rd time in a row.
You are a bit of a spoondick really. As far as I could make out from actually being at the event was that Minnaar crashed in the new woods section and to fall caused the shoulder to dislocate again and also caused the separate injury of a broken scapula. So unlike in MSA where his shoulder popped out on it's own, it was a crash in Fort Bill that caused the current shoulder problems for Minnaar.

To pick himself up and finish in the time he did on the most brutal, physical course out there, with 4th place and the time he got is truly out standing and a heroic display of determination and professionalism. For you to make assumptions about the level of work or rehab Greg and his team has put into fixing his shoulder problems is sad.

Ride of the weekend for me was Minnaar.

Damo

Short One Marshmallow
Sep 7, 2006
French Alps
So let me get this straight:
Minnaar crashed, dislocated his shoulder, BROKE his scapular, got back on the bike, continued to race the remaining half of what is regarded as one of the most demanding DH courses and finished only seven seconds down?
Holy f**k.
This is one of those 'what if...' moments.

General Lee

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2003
The 802
So let me get this straight:
Minnaar crashed, dislocated his shoulder, BROKE his scapular, got back on the bike, continued to race the remaining half of what is regarded as one of the most demanding DH courses and finished only seven seconds down?
Holy f**k.
This is one of those 'what if...' moments.
you mean a "what if he was going slower and didn't crash?" looks like he was on a scorcher, but couldn't ride it all the way home.

he must have been hauling ass to get that time with a crash and a bum shoulder. the last 2:40 of that track doesn't look like much of a picnic.

lockstock

Monkey
Mar 6, 2007
Minnaar had a time of aroud 37 seconds between the split and the finish line, same as Hill and the rest of the fast guys.

Amazing Effort.