Quantcast

World Cup #1 - Maribor, Slovenia.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
So if you think the coverage from Maribor was good, you'll all be excited for Andorra. It's cedric's home course. He has a bar in town. The bar is the official Freecaster HQ. My liver hurts already.

We will hopefully have a live webcam from the party sunday night for riders to drop by and say hello to the intarwebs. Working on some other fun stuff now.

luiz carlos

Monkey
Apr 15, 2002
Brazil-Rio de Janeiro
The videos from Maribor and Val di Sole test are up on yeti web site.
Very cool vids.

Now....If Clay edit very nice vids in 3 days, Why we have to wait till the next year to see his film??

I wont buy First for that reason....I'm just waiting now for films of this season.
Clay should release earliear his films.

AiR2k

Chimp
Jun 13, 2007
Finland
The videos from Maribor and Val di Sole test are up on yeti web site.
Very cool vids.

Now....If Clay edit very nice vids in 3 days, Why we have to wait till the next year to see his film??

I wont buy First for that reason....I'm just waiting now for films of this season.
Clay should release earliear his films.
Very nice filming and editing. I just hope they wouldn't compress their videos so much. Or atleast offer an option to download less compressed version.

dhkid

Turbo Monkey
Mar 10, 2005
Malaysia
^ love it how the captions for the french riders say 'crazy frenchie'

awesome pics. thanks for the link.

AiR2k

Chimp
Jun 13, 2007
Finland
I was just watching men's 4x finals from Freecaster.
I noticed Alvarez rides for specialized. Does anyone have picture from his bike? Which model is it?

Akula_7

Monkey
Nov 15, 2004
Sam B, do you know why Luke wasn't there?

He was looking good last year and I had high hopes for him this year, especially when I heard he was planning to focus on the World Cups. And then to no show for the first one...what gives?

Damm it I wish the US would pull their thumb out! :rant:
He got himself a broken wrist at Sea Otter. Strange that M.Whitely wasn't on the case with a press release to clear things up for everyone.

On another note, this year's WC podiums are strange, top 3 only, which can't be as good for sponsors/money/exposure etc...? The winner brings his/hers bike onto the podium (ala World GP MX), which is for sure a good addition

But the new leaders jersey is a joke (white with red/blue accents), it looks like a French National Champs jersey, and has the typically enforced small font. Looks cheap and poorly thought out, The black gillet was heaps better. At least Sammy's Strips overrule any other jersey he has to where!

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
On another note, this year's WC podiums are strange, top 3 only, which can't be as good for sponsors/money/exposure etc...? The winner brings his/hers bike onto the podium (ala World GP MX), which is for sure a good addition
As usual, I am the odd man out. I always preferred a top 3 podium, the top 5 thing looks stupid in photos and every athlete I ever worked usually was so pissed at getting 4th or 5th they would not want to stand at the bottom anyways.

I say keep this new podium format (there were many years it was top 3 anyways, even in MTB heyday). GP MX is 3 on podium as well....as is AMA supercross and AMA motocross.....road racing (10 speeds) is 3, on and on.