Quantcast

World Cup #2 - La Bresse, France

swaussie

Chimp
Apr 14, 2009
the last shots of Danice's crash. Its a fairly big stone she hit! Pretty good evidence that fork is broken in the last pic.

Tdiddy

Monkey
Apr 8, 2009
pictures of the aftermath are on her blog:

http://www.daniceuyesugi.com/

shock mount looks to have broken right off, and some serious fork damage. not only the arch broken, but the one fork lower leg broke off the axle. a kink in the top tube right by the seat, a broken seat post and seat. ouch. good thing she's okay.

epic

Turbo Monkey
Sep 15, 2008
Surprised those photos are still up. Tough gal.
I don't see why any of her sponsors would find them objectionable in the context that they are presented. It would be like BMW wanting this taken down

It's racing **** gets broken.

offtheedge

Monkey
Aug 26, 2005
LB
I don't see why any of her sponsors would find them objectionable in the context that they are presented. It would be like BMW wanting this taken down

It's racing **** gets broken.
You not seeing why is obvious with that comparison.

Tough and bombproof are words never uttered in the open wheeled racing pits.

ebarker9

Monkey
Oct 2, 2007
You not seeing why is obvious with that comparison.

Tough and bombproof are words never uttered in the open wheeled racing pits.
And it's not like you can go down to your local dealership and pick up an F1.07.

(Actually, the fact that Kubica sustained nothing more than a sprained ankle and mild concussion in a 75 g impact is a testament to how tough an F1 monocoque really is.)

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
and BMW isnt selling their multi-million dollar car to the public. trek and rock shox are

And it's not like you can go down to your local dealership and pick up an F1.07.
wait another year or two and you will be able to buy it...but not from a dealership

Last edited:

epic

Turbo Monkey
Sep 15, 2008
The main thing is that s ingle picture of a crushed bike doesn't tell you anything other than the bike is crushed. When it's posted in conjunction with pictures of the crash and a commentary of how it went down, it's a different story.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Question for you (technical) guys. In Specialized's La Bresse video (that I found on Littermag along with the other "corporate" videos) http://www.littermag.com/2009/la-bresse-videos-specialized-trek-yeti-santa-cruz/

Jacy says they "stepped up the spring rate" allowing the bike shock to sit higher in its travel and also allowing them to lighten the damper through the top to allow them to soak up the little stuff". Does that just mean they used a heavier spring?

I find that my DHX 5 air on my Enduro likes to sit deep in its travel, even with sag at 20%, and I'd like to know if there's anything I can do to correct this...:hmm:

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
Jacy says they "stepped up the spring rate" allowing the bike shock to sit higher in its travel and also allowing them to lighten the damper through the top to allow them to soak up the little stuff". Does that just mean they used a heavier spring?

I find that my DHX 5 air on my Enduro likes to sit deep in its travel, even with sag at 20%, and I'd like to know if there's anything I can do to correct this...:hmm:
yeah, they swapped the coil spring on their shocks w/ a heavier one, making it sag a little less than a lighter spring.
and im also assuming he can lower the compression dampening to compensate.

Cant Climb

Turbo Monkey
May 9, 2004
Just noticed this.....Cody Warren had fast splits the whole way down.....guess he must of wrecked after the second split.

Top 10 to split 2

secs L_Name Place
-----------------------
87.01 PEAT 1
88.04 HANNAH 3
88.1 HILL 2
89.26 FAIRCLOUGH 4
89.54 NEETHLING 8
89.97 ATHERTON 5
90.04 STRAIT 11
90.3 WARREN 32
90.6 GIORDANENGO 16
90.64 MINNAAR 6

buckoW

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2007
Champery, Switzerland
Order the small volume air can and put a bottom out bumper on the shaft. This will help and if you are wanting more then you can res-him the compression. A DHX air can have lots of compression if you want it to.

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia
im sure trek and sram loved her showing off the buckled frame and fork lol, although im sure she didnt know it was going to go on the net 20 minutes later.
Is she even sponsored by those companies? If not then who cares.

Also, judging by what she's wearing in the clip I'd say the cameras caught her immediately after the accident. In all fairness, after seeing pics of the crash I think both the damage that occurred and her judgement are equally justified. That's a fair smash that girl took - glad she came off as lightly as she did.