Quantcast

World Junior hockey championships...

duck

Monkey
Apr 8, 2007
Cranbrook BC
It seemed like the US were playing a lot better and calmer than the Canadians. We wern't able to put plays together as fluidly as some of the other games. After the US got their 5th goal, I thought it was all over.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
John - I didn't watch the games but who carried the majority of the play in the two Canada Vs. US games?
Seems like the US team did - but on both occassions kind of collapsed a bit in the waning minutes of the third period in both tilts.

Yup...you are very right. But when we blew the 3rd period lead, you should have seen thehanging heads and long faces. Definitely thinking "Oh ****, not again..."
I agree that Canada compared to the US when it comes to hockey is like apples and oranges, but to call US hockey or Swedish or Russian or Finnish hockey pretenders - that's stretching it.

[I]Perhaps pretenders is too strong a word. But when the entire country is hanging on the outcome, we definitely have a long way to go. How much of the US was watching?[/I]

Especially as it relates to Women's hockey - our US Women are right up there (if not superior to) Canada when it comes to international hockey.

Definitely. Womens USA v. Canadia games are great. Total warfare!

I guess what I'm trying to say is a The odds of a USA hockey world championship/gold medal are much greater than say the odds of a Canadian All Star Team beating a US All Star team in say baseball or Football.

For sure. But lets take an all time All Star team of Canucks on the ice v. an all time All Star team of Yanks, Russians, Swedes or Finns. Who wins?
I'm still bummed that I didn't watch the games. Maybe next year I'll see if I can get a one-month NHL network subscription just so I can watch the World Juniors.

Next year you can drive to Buffalo and see a game or three...
Agreed agreed areed...