Quantcast

Would you buy a trampoline?

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
I've seen enough "Funniest Home Videos" to know that trampolines are a recipe for disaster.

And Emily's team mate on her soccer team was out for two weeks with a concussion (a 6 year-old with a concussion) from a trampoline episode. (two kids were on it at the same time...obviously a bad idea).

But they seem very popular around here. And even with the "containment net" around them, I'm not so sure.

But Gracie's friend has one. And now she's asking for one.

"Daddy, can we go to the store and buy a trampoline?"
"No"
"Ok....maybe tomorrow"

I do not foresee a trampoline in our future.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
My friend's 40ish year old brother-in-law almost broke his neck when he tried to do a backflip in my friends trampoline. Caught his head on the containment net and ripped the crap out of it, too.

Go for it!

4xBoy

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2006
Minneapolis
Find out about home owners insurance and what coverage you would have.

One neighbor kid comes over flips backwards and breaks his neck and you loose your house, great fun.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
If you get one, it has to go between your house and the pool. I'll let you put that together on your own. :weee:

And in all seriousness, no. Simply for the legal aspects cause if your kids don't break their necks some dipsh1t nieghbor kid will.

Last edited:

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
i'll buy my trampoline when my mother-in-law starts talk of moving into our basement when her man kicks.

b/c as a watcher of home video shows, we all know: trampoline + old ppl = profit

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
I use to put our trampoline over the corner of our pool, and do multiple flips into the pool. One of my friends tried it and when he went to jump, his wet feet slipped, and he skimmed his forehead and nose down the coping of the pool. 2 inches back and he would have been fed soup for the rest of his life.
It was funny as hell then though. Damn kids.

And to answer your question. No. Obviously.

Last edited:

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
I have one in the backyard and our 4 & 6 year olds love it and so do I and the missus. No pad, no net as it was gifted. It's pretty much new but the pad got gnawed on by a dog.

Not having the stupid pad and net keeps the kids real in my opinion. And we don't let them jump together as the 6 yr old got to do the bounce house at a fair one time and bust a lip.

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
Don't get her a trampoline, bike, rollerskates, motorcycles or chainsaws.

That way she can only get hurt on someone else's trampoline, bike, etc.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
i remember seeing the butthole surfers.....on a screen playing behind them topless girls jumping on a trampoline being played over biker movies.