Quantcast

wow...cowardice is a punishable offense in the military?

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
in da shed, mon, in da shed
You mean Bill?

Anyhow, I can't imagine having to see something like that on panic-inducing drugs. I always read that the incidence of week smoking and LSD dropping was high among front-line soldiers in Vietnam. The weed I can totally see, but what could be worse than tripping balls and having to do or deal with anything real, much less something so psychologically traumatizing?

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
llkoolkeg said:
You mean Bill?

Anyhow, I can't imagine having to see something like that on panic-inducing drugs. I always read that the incidence of week smoking and LSD dropping was high among front-line soldiers in Vietnam. The weed I can totally see, but what could be worse than tripping balls and having to do or deal with anything real, much less something so psychologically traumatizing?
It is my opinion that someone who has taken recreational drugs has experienced very weird things yet can always attribute it to the drugs. Seeing a carpet turn into a flowing liquid could easily be shrugged off if you could say "cool the LSD is working". If something as unusual happened and it could not be attribute it to a drug, I could easily see how that could cause panic.

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
Westy said:
It is my opinion that someone who has taken recreational drugs has experienced very weird things yet can always attribute it to the drugs. Seeing a carpet turn into a flowing liquid could easily be shrugged off if you could say "cool the LSD is working". If something as unusual happened and it could not be attribute it to a drug, I could easily see how that could cause panic.

Agreed. Tripping is mind-rending enough even when you know what to expect and are "prepared" for it. I can't imagine how bad it would be if you were dosed w/o your knowledge and had never experienced anything like it before...and then while you're peaking, you see a pulped corpse. :confused:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
llkoolkeg said:
Agreed. Tripping is mind-rending enough even when you know what to expect and are "prepared" for it. I can't imagine how bad it would be if you were dosed w/o your knowledge and had never experienced anything like it before...and then while you're peaking, you see a pulped corpse. :confused:

I onced asked a friend of mine what he would do if he suddenly found himself hallucinating yet had not knowingly taken any drugs. He enthusiastically responded "yessssss I'm tripiiiiinnnnnnng".

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
Westy said:
I onced asked a friend of mine what he would do if he suddenly found himself hallucinating yet had not knowingly taken any drugs. He enthusiastically responded "yessssss I'm tripiiiiinnnnnnng".
i used to trip a lot but if someone slipped me something i would probably come close to beating them to death. i quit tripping for a reason and i certainly dont wanna do it unknowingly.

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
biggins said:
i used to trip a lot but if someone slipped me something i would probably come close to beating them to death. i quit tripping for a reason and i certainly dont wanna do it unknowingly.

Hahaha- same here. I never had a bad trip or anything, but I just decided one day that I would never risk insanity again. I heard too many stories about people who had tripped a hundred times w/o incident only to lose their minds after not coming down off a routine dose. I began to fear that my next trip might be the one I'd never come down from...and I'd end up wandering the streets in a dirty Hawaiian-print kimono doing this with nobody else around ====> :mumble: