Quantcast

Wow - son picks out M.U.S.S. & LOVES IT!!!

Old_Dude

Monkey
SORRY - that was W.U.S.S., not M.U.S.S. (my bad)

We went to the bike shop and it was pretty much love at first sight - it's perfect for him, he loves it and he's really fast on it . . . we did about 8 miles this afternoon.

That's two of us now in the family that love single speeds - will there be more?

Old_Dude

Monkey
He's getting ready to turn 21. He's into his 3rd year of college - getting ready to transfer to Georgia State University in June.

We looked & looked at F/S bikes and geared bikes & blah, blah, blah. The LBS owner was really phenomenal - knew his stuff, gave us a great deal, no pressure, nice guy. But, my son had all but totally given up on getting a bike because he just didn't like anything in the shop. He's just recently been reintroduced to mountain biking with some of his friends - he's been riding since he came back from Japan - about 2 months.

When he saw that bike and it said "YOUR BIKE SUCKS" on the chainstay . . . and the black & white paint/graphics . . . and it's so stinkin' light and it has "decent" components . . . and it's so crazy simple . . . it was really love at first sight . . . well, I should've bought one for me too, but I'm having many grins getting used to my new f/s thing . . .

Happy riding,

OD