Quantcast

Wow

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
did you expect any different from WV? heck, i wonder how many of those interviewed are related :think:

on a side note:

i had to work an event yesterday called the "stone soul picnic" that is promoted by the local smooth r&b station. we had about 45 officers there because last year there were only 2 officers working and we had about 10+ fights (gang related) involving over 100 people break out in a 2 hour period. so anyway, as i was cruising through the merch section with all of the vendors i noticed an interesting trend. nearly every vendor was selling obama t-shirts and there seemed to be a feeling of activism, something this part of the country doesn't get much of. the thing that bothered me is that these same vendors who were peddling the obama shirts were also selling shirts normally found at gangsta rap shows like:
"stop snitchin'", "how to be a thug", "when u see da police, Warnabrother", fu%$ Whitey!, "thug report card (A+ for categories of dope, skipping school, fighting, gettin'money)"..........

it just seemed counter productive to try and promote activism in a community that truly needs it while selling the very image that keeps that same community down. :(

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
Couldn't open the toob video, but I had been wondering about this. It must be pure hell for the poorest, least educated, most racist states like WV and Kentucky to have to choose between a woman and a black man. And Hillary seems proud that she's getting the inbred votes!

oh, she did claim to be from Arkansas once, didn't she?

ohio

The Fresno Kid
Nov 26, 2001
SF, CA
it just seemed counter productive to try and promote activism in a community that truly needs it while selling the very image that keeps that same community down. :(
Agreed, but it's a start. These kids are SO impressionable and SO driven by peer/group mentality that the contradiction is a non-issue. The fact that those stands are actually selling Obama shirts gives me some hope(heh heh, "hope"). Would be nice for urban youths to have a role model beyond sports, music, and/or drugs...

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
It must be pure hell for the poorest, least educated, most racist states like WV and Kentucky to have to choose between a woman and a black man.
No harder than picking which relative to screw or which popskull alcohol you are getting blind-drunk on. Life's full of quality choices.

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
did you expect any different from WV? heck, i wonder how many of those interviewed are related :think:

on a side note:

i had to work an event yesterday called the "stone soul picnic" that is promoted by the local smooth r&b station. we had about 45 officers there because last year there were only 2 officers working and we had about 10+ fights (gang related) involving over 100 people break out in a 2 hour period. so anyway, as i was cruising through the merch section with all of the vendors i noticed an interesting trend. nearly every vendor was selling obama t-shirts and there seemed to be a feeling of activism, something this part of the country doesn't get much of. the thing that bothered me is that these same vendors who were peddling the obama shirts were also selling shirts normally found at gangsta rap shows like:
"stop snitchin'", "how to be a thug", "when u see da police, Warnabrother", fu%$ Whitey!, "thug report card (A+ for categories of dope, skipping school, fighting, gettin'money)"..........

Bah, don't be a pansy, you know you want some Black Bush.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
"I think we should vote for someone American."

Uh, ever hear of the Constitution?

ohio

The Fresno Kid
Nov 26, 2001
SF, CA
You agree with that line of thinking? :banghead:
It's not the top of my list, but I think it is legitimate to shy away from a family legacy (or legacies) in our highest office. I certainly wouldn't dismiss it as "stupidity" without justifying what is so stupid about it.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
It's not the top of my list, but I think it is legitimate to shy away from a family legacy (or legacies) in our highest office. I certainly wouldn't dismiss it as "stupidity" without justifying what is so stupid about it.
The discussion of why it's stupid has happened several times, but you're in luck, I'm bored at work! wooohooo!

Vote for or against a candidate based on them and their policies... not on who they surround themselves with... or do that for all candidates.

How is Hillary's "legacy" so different than McCain's? Heck, even Obama has several advisors that are part of the same legacy.

That tired rhetoric of "legacy" does nothing but cloud the issues without actually meaning anything since their potential admins are ALL "insiders".

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
Vote for or against a candidate based on them and their policies... not on who they surround themselves with... or do that for all candidates.
if this thread were black jeopardy, you'd be a few grand in arrears

ohio

The Fresno Kid
Nov 26, 2001
SF, CA
In a political world that deals in favors and relationships, legacies facilitate the inheritance of political capital far more efficiently than friendships and alliances. That is dangerous enough to be actively discouraged.

Again, not the top of my list but legitimate.

Also, on "who they surround themselves with" you've got to ****ing kidding me. Maybe if we'd paid better attention to that we could have avoided Bushco. A candidate's ability to intelligently select and utilize advisors is of CRITICAL importance.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
Also, on "who they surround themselves with" you've got to ****ing kidding me. Maybe if we'd paid better attention to that we could have avoided Bushco. A candidate's ability to intelligently select and utilize advisors is of CRITICAL importance.
I agree completely.

The point is, by tossing around such BS rhetoric, it distracts from the fact that both McCain and Obama are in bed with similar advisors, lobbyists, and supporters. EVERYONE who has any significant roll should be evaluated.

That's just my opinion, but I still stand on the fact that suggesting Hillary should be dismissed cuz of her husband is most assinine. If you're not going to evaluate McCain's posse, then don't do that to Hillary.

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
I don't think they ever did Black Jeopardy, unless it was one of the aborted Season 3 sketches.

Are you sure you're not thinking of "I Know Black People?"
what can i say? cocaine's a hell of a drug.