Quantcast

WTB SS frame

Tame Ape

BUY HOPE!!!!!!!
Mar 4, 2003
NYC
A good buddy of mine wants to pick up a SS frame general XC. Disc aren't important here. Can anyone help? I think he would ride a 17"

thx!

Tame Ape

BUY HOPE!!!!!!!
Mar 4, 2003
NYC
I have a couple of Ti SS frames available, see photos of my 2 frames here :

http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=102535&page=22

The 'newsboy is called "Bad News" and the regular frame is called "Assassin"

The name and my brand name are tastily etched onto the frames rather than stickered or painted. The frames have a matte look and the brand/model name is shiny.
thanks for the heads up. I suspect those are out of his price range (and he would probably wreck it post haste)

Zone 3

Chimp
Apr 15, 2008
It might be out of price range but I very much doubt he'd wreck it.
I'm 96kg and have a reputation as a wrecking yard but I haven't managed to kill the prototype in 2 years of serious abuse.

Carbon might be lighter but Ti is for life.

Tame Ape

BUY HOPE!!!!!!!
Mar 4, 2003
NYC
It might be out of price range but I very much doubt he'd wreck it.
I'm 96kg and have a reputation as a wrecking yard but I haven't managed to kill the prototype in 2 years of serious abuse.

Carbon might be lighter but Ti is for life.
Maybe not the frame, but I do worry about the sliders on the rear. Also, know that he wouldn't be using the frame for mountain biking, he'd be playing bike polo on it and and most likely running it as a fixed gear.

The dude's a brute. Over the last two weeks he has broken, a drive-side crank, a handle-bar and blown up a chain ring.

Zone 3

Chimp
Apr 15, 2008
I would never laim to know how a stranger rides but those sliding mounts are titanium with titanium bolts: if he can break those in any normal riding, I'd probably buy him a beer and hire him as a test rider

Tame Ape

BUY HOPE!!!!!!!
Mar 4, 2003
NYC
I would never laim to know how a stranger rides but those sliding mounts are titanium with titanium bolts: if he can break those in any normal riding, I'd probably buy him a beer and hire him as a test rider
I wish there was an easy to put it to the test!

IMO, running sliding drop-outs with a fixed wheel and a strong/super agressive rider is sure to test their ability like no other.:pirate2:

Zone 3

Chimp
Apr 15, 2008
I wish there was an easy to put it to the test!

IMO, running sliding drop-outs with a fixed wheel and a strong/super agressive rider is sure to test their ability like no other.:pirate2:
That description is me and the two guys I got to test the prototypes for a year. All 3 of us are aggressive and all weigh 90-110kg. We rode them hard as hell in completely rigid setups and if that didn't break them, only a jump rider will do it on some big air; not a cross country rider just taking drops or the run of the mill jumps on a trail regardless of how agressive they are.

BTW: I'm not a bike company, I'm an enthusiast who used to be a designer and I built just 8 bikes (including the 2 prototypes).

Once those are gone, I might build more but it's not a job.

send me a private message if you want to know more; I've been told of for trying to sell these bikes here already.

spincrazy

I love to climb
Jul 19, 2001
Brooklyn
You still in the E.vil? I'm in Bed-Stuy now. Come check out polo on sunday! We're at Broome and Chrystie.
Yes I am. Thought about going to BK as our lease is up at the end of the month, but I don't think that's going to happen. I don't have a horse and I forgot what a bike is...

Tame Ape

BUY HOPE!!!!!!!
Mar 4, 2003
NYC
ah, well we play bike polo. No stable fees y'know. You should walk down and say hello on sunday. We're always there in the afternoon.