Quantcast

WTB Tires - WTF?????

jingledell

Chimp
Aug 25, 2003
Hey all,

What is the deal with WTB tires? They are impossible to get on and off a wheel - even a WTB wheel?

Is it me? What the f***?

Does anyone else have this problem? I am never, ever, ever, ever, ever buying another WTB tire again. I got no beef with their other products but I just can't understand where they are coming up with the specs for their tire beads.

dexterq20

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2003
NorCal
You gotta be doing something wrong. I've never had issues with WTB tires. To be honest, the 2.4 Motoraptor is one of the most versatile tires I've ever used. Just keep at it, and after a few flat repairs and some riding, all tires will loosen up a bit.

ET_SoCal

Monkey
Aug 10, 2001
C-Me Valley, CA
I think it's the tire and rim combo...

Some tires are difficult on some rims, but OK on others...
(and visa-versa) :rolleyes:
I've used VelociRaptor's for years on a few different rims with little problems...

sub6

Monkey
Oct 17, 2001
williamsburg, va
i think it's their rims that are the problem, actually. The Laser DH is one of the hardest rims to mount out there.

I've had no problem with their tires going on other rims, although the tires were such crap (traction, sidewall) that I'd never buy any myself. Don't worry, your boycott will open you up to some faaar better tires...

UCSBrian

Chimp
Mar 11, 2002
seattle
wtb velociraptors on rhyno lites is horrible.

However the worst ive met, was those old specialized dh tires, with the second bead think that hooked over the rim. Mounting some 2.5s of those, on cross country ritchie rock comps was really bad.

late
brian

May 9, 2003
Burien at Crappiss' House
Facts:

1.Laserdiscs and Laserdisc DH's are impossible to mount tires on.

2. Rhyno Lites and Mammoth's can be Bastardly too.

3. There really are some bad combo's out there, and sometimes you find one of them is what you have.

-my 2c. ;)