Quantcast

WWIII thread

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Is it bad that every time I see a new article about shit going down where there was CLEARLY a spec ops aspect to it, in my head i hear [Johnny Knoxville]Hi! I'm @gonefirefightin 's friend. And this, is blowing Russians up. [Banjos]

gonefirefightin

free wieners
Is it bad that every time I see a new article about shit going down where there was CLEARLY a spec ops aspect to it, in my head i hear [Johnny Knoxville]Hi! I'm @gonefirefightin 's friend. And this, is blowing Russians up. [Banjos]
"Oprah 1" told me there was only one other chalk similar to theirs and they were in Kyiv on VIP doodie if that tells you anything.

He also said the bandwagon of fat gamers and war tourists that arrived this week is a shit show of wannabes, They started classifying them by skillset and put most of them in hard positions so they dont flag each other or get someone killed.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle

Guessing the nature of the conflict. Why would Ukraine want to face an invading army on their own soil WWI style? Find weak spots, hit them, GTFO, rinse, repeat.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
"Oprah 1" told me there was only one other chalk similar to theirs and they were in Kyiv on VIP doodie if that tells you anything.

He also said the bandwagon of fat gamers and war tourists that arrived this week is a shit show of wannabes, They started classifying them by skillset and put most of them in hard positions so they dont flag each other or get someone killed.
Well that makes the 11k volunteers less useful. I guess bodies are helpful though.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I'd take that dude over some oath keeper douche any day of the week

Well yeah. Someone fighting for imagined self interests will just run when self preservation is questioned.

But Imma gonna guess that unless he has exceptional background in the art of war the bell will toll for an old man in a strange land if put on the pointy end. But if he knows an accepts that I shall doff my cap to him. Beats rotting in a hospital.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Anyone heard from @norbar? I believe he's in Poland, but still worth checking in.
Whatup. I'm in Poland. Outside of our currency going to shit life is the same here. Lots of people are doing a lot to help people fleeing the war which is good. A bit sad those same people were very against refugees at the belarusian border because they were from the middle east but that's just this country.

Thanks for asking.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
That's not just your country.
Yeah this is true though we made a huge fuss about not accepting refugees when western Europe accepted them and we will probably now ask Western Europe to accept people from Ukraine. To quote the office "how the turntables". The thing is Ukrainian refugees in large numbers will stay in Poland since there already has been a huge migration to Poland before for economic reasons so the people fleeing have friends and families here.

captainspauldin

intrigued by a pole
May 14, 2007
Jersey Shore
Rumour is that Pooh asked him to postpone the invasion until after the olympics.
If true, he is already Pooh's bitch and also for somebody who reports to study history, he sure ignored the history of his own backyard. Spring offensive in Ukraine? WTF?!?
Yeah, Russia is in transition to Chinese territory. With Visa and Mastercard pulling out of Russia, China swooped in with their Credit Card System/network (Unionpay), which is conveniently linked to their social credit scoring system. This is also sanction proof from the US.

All these companies "cancelling" Russia is just to score brownie points, with the sanctions they would have had to pull out anyways (No way to wire money from Russia to US).

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada

I'm not familiar with military lingo. what are "hard positions" and what does it mean to "flag each other"?

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Lots of video and pics I'm seeing sure looks like mass murder of civilians. :(
I say we give every fucking weapon/fighter plane/incredible violence thing we have to Ukraine and hope they decimate the Russian invaders. Now. I know, easy for me to say, but WTF do we wait for? it seems inevitable.

gonefirefightin

free wieners
I'm not familiar with military lingo. what are "hard positions" and what does it mean to "flag each other"?
Hard positions are typically a fixed location that is stationary and has some value to defend and flagging is the term for reckless muzzle awareness where you Inadvertently wave your muzzle around with friendlies in the path of the muzzle rather than having muzzle discipline regardless of weapons status. This also is a indicator of a soldier that is a high probability of having and AD or accidental discharge. In this situation the typical weapons status is red, full mag, one in the chamber and safety on, amber is full mag, empty chamber, green is no ammo, black is out of ammo.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Yeah, Russia is in transition to Chinese territory. With Visa and Mastercard pulling out of Russia, China swooped in with their Credit Card System/network (Unionpay), which is conveniently linked to their social credit scoring system. This is also sanction proof from the US.

All these companies "cancelling" Russia is just to score brownie points, with the sanctions they would have had to pull out anyways (No way to wire money from Russia to US).
the sanctions are mostly to pressure the oligarchy, as they're the ones with significant assets abroad. the other aspect is that it is, in essence, economic warfare. the russian stock market hasn't opened in over a week (to avoid a complete crash), and it doesn't sound like there are plans to open it any time soon.

Fool

The Thing cannot be described
Sep 10, 2001
Brooklyn
Hard positions are typically a fixed location that is stationary and has some value to defend and flagging is the term for reckless muzzle awareness where you Inadvertently wave your muzzle around with friendlies in the path of the muzzle rather than having muzzle discipline regardless of weapons status. This also is a indicator of a soldier that is a high probability of having and AD or accidental discharge. In this situation the typical weapons status is red, full mag, one in the chamber and safety on, amber is full mag, empty chamber, green is no ammo, black is out of ammo.

captainspauldin

intrigued by a pole
May 14, 2007
Jersey Shore
the sanctions are mostly to pressure the oligarchy, as they're the ones with significant assets abroad. the other aspect is that it is, in essence, economic warfare. the russian stock market hasn't opened in over a week (to avoid a complete crash), and it doesn't sound like there are plans to open it any time soon.
Right, but the unintended (or intended?) consequences are multinational companies operating in Russia can't get their money in or out. So they score brownie points saying they are pulling out of Russia when they wouldn't be able to operate in Russia anyways. I'm wondering if the companies that are still in Russia have figured out a way around the sanctions to keep their businesses operating.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Right, but the unintended (or intended?) consequences are multinational companies operating in Russia can't get their money in or out. So they score brownie points saying they are pulling out of Russia when they wouldn't be able to operate in Russia anyways. I'm wondering if the companies that are still in Russia have figured out a way around the sanctions to keep their businesses operating.
not all the companies that are pulling products/services are US/EU based and impacted by the sanctions, like samsung.

Last edited: