Quantcast

WWIII thread

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
It looks pretty sketchy to me. The benefits could be that it has a higher likelyhood of not destorying its intended target. I'd probably try shooting at them myself.
Puts a lot of lead in the sky in a densely populated area.

Doesn't hit target but hits.....????????

Hard to say without knowing the target.

I'm just amazed that some places have cops that do anything arguably useful.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Puts a lot of lead in the sky in a densely populated area.

Doesn't hit target but hits.....????????

Hard to say without knowing the target.

I'm just amazed that some places have cops that do anything arguably useful.
I can't say I've been in an environment like that before. Seems fuckin mental to scan the skies for the nezt kamikazee drone bomb.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Two weeks out now and I haven't seen a single credible instance of #bargeboom.

Now I'm sure. :D
I looked into the trucks, various "tracking" of the truck seems to be inconsistent, but there's at least more information there. Seen nothing more on a barge.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
A few pictures show a nice hole in the bridge deck which is consistent with a bomb/missile penetrating the bridge deck before exploding.
Even shitty webcams have caught some of the missiles hitting buildings. A big wide open space like that plus some dash cams (because russia) seems like and environment that would have produced at least a pixel somewhere.

Sandro

Terrified of Cucumbers
Nov 12, 2006
The old world
I fell like I will loose even more faith in humanity if I read that.
It’s not about gory descriptions of atrocities, if that's what you are worried about. The angle is more sociolgical, and while I have read several similar pieces about the violence inherent in Russian society and culture, this one was really comprehensive. And contains lovely nuggets such as this:
One acquaintance who has frequented smaller Russian settlements gave a vivid description of common local history museums: one room covering a period that stretches from the Paleolithic to 1941, followed by five rooms covering the years 1941–1945. The Second World War. Victory over the Nazis. The sole source of honor in such humble environs, where an expanse of endless mud begins at the museum door and a local drunk is curled up against the wall, dozing like a sleepy housefly.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Good breakdown on why Ukraine is so strategically valuable to Russia and how they are kind of shit out of luck without it. Long, but decent. TLDR: Oil.

But interesting on how Russia is trying to control Caspian Sea oil/former Soviet territory and the implications.

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament
They were finding some of those captured Russians were incredibly ill-prepared, even carrying rusty weapons from the 1970's Soviet stock, the soldier said.

"We had a battalion the other day take a position, the Russians retreated obviously.

"Later that night, two of those Russians decided to walk back to that position which is now Ukrainian because they were cold, and their sleeping bags were still there.

"So naturally they were captured immediately.

"They got a sleeping bag in the end, because they are now imprisoned, but we actually feed them and give them water and a warm place to sleep so it's a much better deal than what they are getting from their own side."

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle

TLDR: Ukraine attacks Russian Navy. Russia calls it terrorism and says they are dropping out of the UN grain shipping agreement and will blockade Ukraine again. Ships full of grain leave anyway, so far Russia hasn't reacted other than asking them not to do that.

I'm guessing they know it would be silly to attack civilian ships in international waters so they will probably just let some mines drift around making navigation unsafe and then blaming Ukraine for it.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
I could use some reconnaissance fleas...

Tactical snails with a 10yr project goal is a little much. @StiHacka: can you translate that shit? Is he really saying that crap?

Actually westy has a point. I'll just hang out for a week and see if brian is saying it by next thursday, then we'll know.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
I could use some reconnaissance fleas...

Tactical snails with a 10yr project goal is a little much. @StiHacka: can you translate that shit? Is he really saying that crap?

Actually westy has a point. I'll just hang out for a week and see if brian is saying it by next thursday, then we'll know.
I have to confess my russian education didn't include some fancy words like "scolopendra", but yeah, he's saying all that shit in russian. :crazy:

Edit: but he an actor? The actual russian is a bit older, fatter, uglier.

Last edited: