Quantcast

x-post: my AM s/s

Mr Tiles

I'm a beer snob
Nov 10, 2003
L-town ya'll
I posted a few weeks ago on mtbr looking for ideas on an all mountain ss. Someone suggested, Mark I think, a sovereign and I'm glad he did. sometimes I can be so bone-headed. I've owned one of these frames before for a short time. Didn't really get a lot of time on it. If I would had, I definitely would not have sold it. Anyhoo, I picked up a used one recently and got to put it to its paces yesterday in Pisgah (two loops at Kitsuma - route here http://trail.motionbased.com/trail/activity/2977656 ). Bike's around 27lbs and it's plenty burly enough for me. Very happy with the final result. Gearing is 36-20. May tweak in the near future, not sure yet though. Here's the pics, open to feedback.

got some new mono minis. really diggin' them!

Mr Tiles

I'm a beer snob
Nov 10, 2003
L-town ya'll
got the frame from the RM classifieds. The 36:20 put a hurtin' on me. Looking at 32:18. It's slightly less painful accd'g to sheldonbrown...

mdc

Monkey
Jul 8, 2006
Uxbridge
I was running a 32/18 with big 2.4 WTB WW's on my SS and switched to a 20 and 2.3 Kenda SB8 and there is a huge difference. I think the lighter tires helped more than the rear cog swap. Just my .02......