Quantcast

X-post Skookie ride pic thread

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
joelsman said:
nice pics skook, I need to go ride on some of these rides, they look very sweet.
Yeah there is so many goodies, alot of these trails are bermed out and have rollers and little lips because of dirt bikes. So that's really fun. Unfortunately they get a little rutted, stirred up and dusty because of them too, but the trail work they do up there really minimizes it compared to other places i've ridden.
A lot of quality gravity here, and the climbing is almost all doable. i barely saved enough gas to rip down Lost Lake Trail, the last stretch, but i'm so glad i did, so good.....

joelsman

Turbo Monkey
Feb 1, 2002
B'ham
I need to get out of bellingham and do some epics. these pics and the other ones you have posted make me want to ride.
thanks skook

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
joelsman said:
I need to get out of bellingham and do some epics. these pics and the other ones you have posted make me want to ride.
thanks skook
Some of the ones i have my sights set on someday up in your half of the world is Angels Staircase outside of Winthrop, and Comfortably Numb up by Whistler. Go get em and report back. :thumb:

Borneo

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
Duvall
Mmmmmmmmm.

Numb rules. You'd love it.

Craig's a star. Great Pic Tim.
I'm planning a version of the Klone ride next month. Was never sure about the Lost lake loop. But, I might have to give it a go now though. As for two Little Lakes. Yep, good stuff!

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Borneo said:
Was never sure about the Lost lake loop. But, I might have to give it a go now though. As for two Little Lakes. Yep, good stuff!
Well i have to forewarn you, some of the descent on Lost Lakes reminds me of a mini Ranger Creek. :eek: You gotta try it though, the trail is in great condition.
But don't continue on the ridge on HiYu, i hiked it and it wouldn't be good for bikes at all.

ftlrider

Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Spokane
That trail looks cool. If you're ever on the eastern side of the state we could hook up for a ride. There's some good riding in the Batey Bould trail system and I hear the Kettle Crest trail is awesome. There's also some good riding in the Northeast corner of the state (in the Salmo-Priest wilderness). I've hiked there before and it is a real cool area. You've just got to watch out for grizzly bears. I've only come across one grizzly in Washington before. I was bombing down the Cedar Creek trail (near Mazama) and stopped in time to avoid hitting a grizzly who was in the trail. I've seen plenty of bears up in B.C.

Borneo

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
Duvall
Skooks, I e-mailed Craig's pic to his better half this evening when she was over here riding. Great composition for an otherwise semi dull non-action picture.