Quantcast

X9 Rear Derailleur...Shimano Deore Shifter

dogwonder

Nitro
May 3, 2005
Walking the Earth
So I had been riding with an XT rear derailleur but the bugger busted in two a week or so ago. I ended up replacing with an X9 thinking it wouldn't be a big deal.

I installed it today and am having trouble finding all the gears. Right now it will only move to 7 of the 9 cogs; on two of the shifts it won't move to the next gear. I have the tensioner on the shifter as tight (counter-clockwise) as it will go.

What am I doing wrong? Is this a problem by trying to match SRAM rear dearilleur with shimano shifter? Do I have any options with this set up?

Quo Fan

don't make me kick your ass
If you are using Shimanno shifters with the Sram derailer, it won't work. The derailer is 1:1, and the shifters are 2:1.

The other thing is check your high and low adjustment screws. These screws limit the amount of travel in the derailer.

dogwonder

Nitro
May 3, 2005
Walking the Earth
Quo Fan said:
If you are using Shimanno shifters with the Sram derailer, it won't work. The derailer is 1:1, and the shifters are 2:1.

The other thing is check your high and low adjustment screws. These screws limit the amount of travel in the derailer.
Yeah I'm a tard...so I'll ship back the SRAM derailleur and get a shimano. Thanks for pulling my head out of my a$$.