Quantcast

xc ride...... dh style. (Saturday 1/13)

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
Yah, Sat conditions were damn near perfect. Sunday however was diff. It rained all day up until the Sport class starting doing their runs, so us noobs who ran after were blessed with a chance to charge w/o the showers. Course was super slippery in some spots but it was still flippin fun, and dirty.

Bullcrew got 4th, even with a spill from showboating for the photogs. Edgy once again hit the podium as he has each and every race. Big Al (Holletanium) bagged 6th and a pretty trophy in our Z class. Oh, and I landed on the podium with a first place finish in the semi-pro XC. I also got offered a sponsorship from Luna but I declined.
Slammed the dome and shoulder, body checked a big (very big) rock and unearthed it and sent it rolling.
I had an area for a tail whip all set and then it went haywire right there.
Lets put it this way I dont really recal the rider who was in the course right before. I only remembered when foesnasty said something about it. Then I kind of remembered him. :D
Outa 15+ riders Im happy!

Mar 27, 2007
LA, CA
I moved to Sierra Madre a couple months ago. I have push/rode the Mt Wilson main trail, but heard there were "better" (less sketchy trails). Figured somebody in this thread could point me in the right direction.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
you came to the right place. keep an eye on this thread for weekly updates of where we ride.
what bike(s) are you on and what do you like to ride?

speaking of which, i've been sick this week and may be out for the saturday ride, though i'm getting better quick.

overtheedge

Monkey
Mar 26, 2005
burbank ca.
speaking of which, i've been sick this week and may be out for the saturday ride, though i'm getting better quick.
speaking of which, just got blindsided by some plans that i've been putting off. looks like saturday is out for me too, let me know if you are feeling better by sunday :twitch:

marlopez

Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
West LA
i'm itching to ride. i've been off the bike for 3 weeks now i think. i'm out this weekend too because i'm moving to a house at the base of caballero. so now i can ride from my house up to dirt mulholland. woohoo xc on the non-xc bike rides from my house soon!

Mar 27, 2007
LA, CA
you came to the right place. keep an eye on this thread for weekly updates of where we ride.
what bike(s) are you on and what do you like to ride?

For DH/FR stuff I ride a Rocky Mountain Switch that I have at just under 40lbs and a Santa Cruz Blur LT that just needs Cranks and a front derailur.

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
IM Down for Sunday!!!!!!!!!
I found the Jump fairys who have been bringing me Berms and jump goodness behind my house on the little nasty trail!
1 rides an older v-10 and couldnt see the other, :D.

Anywase Id be down to ride Sunday, BTW good seeing you guys this weekend J and A, Its been awhile... Had fun! Didnt say "see ya", because the wife called and I went to my daughters BBall game. So don't think me rude!

blender

Monkey
Oct 19, 2006
MDR
random question for you fellow monkeys.
do any of you know, or have any experience with any local powdercoaters?

any hookups?
bully, the custom whore that you are, i KNOW you must know somebody :)

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
dude, we think you rude for so many other reasons. that is why we like you :D
LMAO!
Im not rude just misunderstood! :monkeydance:

Custom coat in Lewiston, Ron owns it but the guy working for him is a PC god! Flawless work, and precise as far as even coats and no runs or shaded areas due to lack of material. (hugh variety of colors as well as the chromatics)
Aside of that I dont know, Id send my stuff to him for 2 reasons, 1 I get good deals and 2 I trust it will look phenominal when I get it back!

BTW:MD thats a funny dude, he makes this little white kid wax cars "on, Off" after school! :D

blender

Monkey
Oct 19, 2006
MDR
i'd like to get in touch with him T
can you PM me some more info

Custom coat in Lewiston, Ron owns it but the guy working for him is a PC god! Flawless work, and precise as far as even coats and no runs or shaded areas due to lack of material. (hugh variety of colors as well as the chromatics)
Aside of that I dont know, Id send my stuff to him for 2 reasons, 1 I get good deals and 2 I trust it will look phenominal when I get it back!

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
unless i heal up, i gotta keep it light, i've been sick all week. i also need to be at a meeting by 2pm. that makes SJT and and MtW a bit tight. Stuntle is on lockdown too thanks to the federales.

blender

Monkey
Oct 19, 2006
MDR
i think the long side is fine (or as "fine" as it's always been), but I'd expect more of a possibility of running into a ranger now that they're patrolling the area more diligently.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
sunday could be a pain in the ass going east for us on the west side and central parts of LA. the marathon route could be a problem. not a major stop, just something to consider.

Abstrakt51

Monkey
Oct 11, 2006
OC
I may be able to find out about a DH trail that we can hit on Sunday in the Westside. I'll report back with my findings for those interested.

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
Hows about the intense trail, kovarik, JD, and a few of the other pros have been riding it lately and built some hips and other stuff. Its steep and fun.
Trust me when I say the intense trail is a DH trail!!! Bring full face and possibly gear its steep and fun, chock full'o'danger! :D:D:D:D
Easy to shuttle and could get multiple runs in as well as SJT if anyone wants to pedal or little nasty by my house as well. (apparently a certain white toy p/u has been in my neighborhood at a house down the street with a blue bike in it :D Ahem: Kovarik! ahem:) They or the guy in my neighborhood is the jump fairy that Ive been talking about whos building really sweet jumps on the trail! I knew it wasnt some kid!!!!!

overtheedge

Monkey
Mar 26, 2005
burbank ca.
hey bully,........ any chance of getting a rain check? looks like a sully run and maybe some jijinx over at the spot to follow on sunday. blender, bneall, any chance you going to be around?

blender

Monkey
Oct 19, 2006
MDR
J, unfortunately i'm out for this wknd.

I'm rolling out to SLO with Gordon tomorrow around 5am.
to ride some trails, test ride a certain frame, and watch a crazy pro race down some serious gnar. Back on Sunday night, I'll bring back some pics!

hey bully,........ any chance of getting a rain check? looks like a sully run and maybe some jijinx over at the spot to follow on sunday. blender, bneall, any chance you going to be around?