Quantcast

xc ride...... dh style. (Saturday 1/13)

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
the ride can be an out-and-back or a loop. if we do the loop, it will be a fair amount of fire road from the top of chumash to the start of the hummingbird down.
i'm gonna try to make the nicolai go up that hill. it is a long steady climb for the most part. there is some tech stuff, or at least there was. every time we hit it, the trail builders knock down some more of the nasty so the hikers have it easier.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
ooh, what time is the STR krew rollin? that is a hell of a ride from cheese to sui. it is quite the road ride back to cheese.

push'd roco :thumb: build and report.

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
More updated pics from Idaho!
Smallest 18' biggest 25' on the series gap run. All centers are being dug out completely due to xc guys riding it and trenching.
I unfortunently overshoot 5 of the 8 jumps and almost flat 2 of them.
Chris (canfield) and I rode it last week.
Aside of these first 2, the other ones are of the bigger line!

This is to give perspective to size, not the biggest but gets close! this is about 21' and a right hand landing berm to a 18' kicker that shoots you up and out!

This is Jason, his pics showed alot better the line, mine seemed to space out too much with bad timing!

Last edited:

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
Pretty damn sick Trav. Nice sequence shots too.
Yeah, we are removing all the centers so they will all be gaps (xc guys are rutting them in the landings from braking) All the new ones are all gaps and stepdowns (NO middles). Im a little POd that the camera timing was off, atleast it got my last one. Thats a blast, I can overshoot it by 10' and berm through to the big double to berm right after it.
Were riding tomorrow again, Ill try to get some of whips and flattys over them! Its sick and the hang time is kickn.

Last edited:

blender

Monkey
Oct 19, 2006
MDR
Yeah, we are removing all the centers so they will all be gaps, xc guys are rutting them in the landings from braking
fukin gapers..
they need to do that on Livewire at Northstar.. can't tell you how many times I almost landed on top of a spandex family happily rolling along at a casual goater pace.
On a god damn black diamond jump trail!!! :banghead:

sorry for the outbreak.. i got the flu, so i'm a wee bit perturbed at the moment

Abstrakt51

Monkey
Oct 11, 2006
OC
.. can't tell you how many times I almost landed on top of a spandex family happily rolling along at a casual goater pace.
It aint my fault you're tailing me on that trail...and leave my spandex out of this.

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
fukin gapers..
they need to do that on Livewire at Northstar.. can't tell you how many times I almost landed on top of a spandex family happily rolling along at a casual goater pace.
Yep, almost took one out yesterday!
I hear theres a 5 per trip limit, and you can buy a tag for 3 additional at the rangers station!
Im hunting the ones with florescent spandex this year, they mount on the wall better and they seem to be too anal to run fast! Oh dont strap them to the hood, the little buggers try to wriggle free before you get them to the taxedermist!
I hide behind the doubles and when they stop because of the gap I spring on them, usually a flattie to the grill. The little crunchy lids they wear arent rated for 2.5 dh casings! :D:D:D:D:D:D

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Ok, getting everything together for the New sled, ordered myself a shock tonight, dont laugh, fifth element. Hey for 25 bucks I cxant go wrong there. Will end up eventually with a Rocco world cup, but for now its the fifth. Besides, it will make a great backup

Abstrakt51

Monkey
Oct 11, 2006
OC
Ok, getting everything together for the New sled, ordered myself a shock tonight, dont laugh, fifth element. Hey for 25 bucks I cxant go wrong there. Will end up eventually with a Rocco world cup, but for now its the fifth. Besides, it will make a great backup
When do you expect the rig to come in?

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
Who got what???
Randy what did you buy?
DHM what did you buy???

BTW Im back in SoCal beginning of march for school (enrolled, paid, financed :thumb:), unfortunently its sat/sun so I have to ride during the week.

Bad: Most peeps work during week and ride wknds so limited riding peeps!

Good: trails open, can travel to SB, pacifica due to 5 days open :D, Laguna isnt crawling with XC, and Bobby Root doesnt work so he rides daily (1 rider).

Anyone with a weekday or friday off or evening SJT rides let me know, Im down. Crapola part is races are on weekends!

blender

Monkey
Oct 19, 2006
MDR
don't you have to make time for homework? :busted:

Who got what???
Randy what did you buy?
DHM what did you buy???

BTW Im back in SoCal beginning of march for school (enrolled, paid, financed :thumb:), unfortunently its sat/sun so I have to ride during the week.

Good: trails open, can travel to SB, pacifica due to 5 days open :D, Laguna isnt crawling with XC, and Bobby Root doesnt work so he rides daily (1 rider).

Anyone with a weekday or friday off or evening SJT rides let me know, Im down. Crapola part is races are on weekends!

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
don't you have to make time for homework? :busted:
:huh: DAMN! thats right Ill need time to do dishes and vaccum around the home!!!! :D
No there is homework but I can get it done in the evenings and do signs and stuff part time with marketing to make a living freeing up a bunch of time.
I start with my associates in construction management and prints right after class as well as getting ready for my CWI test then it'll be hectic but for 6 months it will be pretty open. Either here visiting wife and kids or there working and riding then weekends and evenings classes and work!:banana:

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
When do you expect the rig to come in?
Who got what???
Randy what did you buy?
DHM what did you buy???

Transition Blindside, Should be able to order it up right after the new year, have it built up before the winter series. God I cant wait

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
So... Blender,where you from? Gonna go out on a wild limb here, Did you used to work for Romic by chance??? If so, I have a hell of a stroy about your old dirtbag, if not then I need to find jake and tell him the story

blender

Monkey
Oct 19, 2006
MDR
So... Blender,where you from? Gonna go out on a wild limb here, Did you used to work for Romic by chance??? If so, I have a hell of a stroy about your old dirtbag, if not then I need to find jake and tell him the story
nah. i never worked for Romic
I'm from west side of LA, Venice/Santa Monica area.
I ride with Adam, Scott, Taylor, Ben, Brian and all the other LA monkeys.

Used to own an army green 2006 D-bag for two good seasons. Solid rig for sure, I really learned how to ride on that bike, and was sad to let it go. Now ride a Sinister R9.

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
Might have it built and ready for Newyears!!!!
Sweet! You can make a resolution to learn how to ride! :D:D:D LMAO Sorry had too!
I know its early but whos in for Sea Otter?
Im going to try and get those 2 days of school off ahead of time and make a week of it. Buddy lives there so well hit pacifica as well! Any takers on local runs let me know, the LA/SD crowd has to represent! (Not really but its a good reason to ride! :D)

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
Yeah!!!! Expert line this saturday/sunday it supposed to snow a fair bit high 33 degrees and the expert DH jump line should be off the hook!!!! If all goes well Ill post pics this weekend after riding it. :thumb: (ADRENALINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
Had snow on a couple of take offs with a bit of ice today and was off the hook, gravity introduced me to the ground at full speed today from about 9' up! LMAO finally took a look to see why I was squirrley and my headset had 1/8 inch gap and the front fork was all over the place.
Wrist is jacked up and got road rash on the knee, thigh, elbow and shin, looked like a crackhead break dancing all over the place.:D:D
This is just 1 of the reasons I dont like it here, too damn cold!!! Been 42 degrees as day tme highs lately, get used to it but still the bones are feeling it! :D:D:D

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
bully - how those muddy marry tires hodling up? thinking about it.
They held up great its the al mighty in the rear that I blew when I cased a 20'+ jump! :D LMAO KABOOOM! Scared the hell out of a guy hikabiking to the top.
Pulled out of it at 25mph+ and the back all over.

the muddymary is SICK, I am trying for sponsorship through schwalbe right now so I can run the MMs and modify a 2.35 rear (cut center down) for better rolling resistance for race purposes only. If I wasnt racing at all Id run them full length.

Adam they kick A$$, no joke. I was surpirsed at how good they felt side by side to minion dhf 3cs on the same run. I put the minions on for the snow day the other day and ran a bald rear, used skills vs traction to hook up.
WISH I HAD MMs ON IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Cant wait to get a rear mudy mary.

Sorry cant say enough about it, Its hard to describe it has moto MX tread thats good in dry and wet (intermediate tire; a wet/dry), hooked up in loose over hard great (like socal dirt) and mobbed the muddy areas on the line and berms, so much that I scared the hell outa myself on the 4X track in a hard right berm, prepared for a drift and almost got sideways bodychecked to the deck from traction and no slide.