Quantcast

xt disc adaptors?

mcA896

Turbo Monkey
Aug 15, 2003
Cape Cod, MA
Originally posted by Matt D
Any LBS or online retailer, unless they aren't producing them anymore.
ive looked at online retailers but i saw nothing. it is different than a hayes style 8in adaptor.

Matt D

Monkey
Mar 19, 2002
charlottesville, va
Originally posted by mcA896
ive looked at online retailers but i saw nothing. it is different than a hayes style 8in adaptor.
I know. It's not a front for/from a boxxer is it? Is it the old 4 pot version?

I'm pretty sure any LBS can look it up and get you one. Small obscure parts are tough to find online; just to many SKU's to take care of.

Cracker

Chimp
May 10, 2002
Toronto
It very different from the Hayes style. Hayes are post mount, XT's are IS mount. Go to your LBS and order it, should be about $30 or so.

Cheers,
G

Discostu

Monkey
Nov 15, 2003
I have 2 bikes with 8" XT, I've used shimano, grc, jagwire and grimeca adaptors (almost all of them made except CTS sports and an obscure taiwanese company.) The cheapest is Jagwire ($10), but they aren't even close on the spacing. The jagwire adaptor doesn't place the caliper far enough away for 203mm and you get some serious drag on the outside edge. I broke a grc adaptor because i had to slightly modify it since it would not fit on my QR 01' Z1 MCR (although it worked on all other forks). The bolt holes slowly enlarged until the bolt broke right through. Shimano are the most expensive, and trouble free. In my experience the best ones are the Grimeca 203mm adaptors. They cost about $18 and work perfect.