Quantcast

Xterra in Richmond - XTERRA James River Scramble 10k

VT Mtbkr

Monkey
Oct 3, 2003
Richmond, Virginia
Rode it last night with the women's 2005 Xterra World Champion. She was nice enough to take some time while she was in town to take the local women's group out for a ride/instruction session.

It's the most technical trail in Richmond. It's right near downtown with some outstanding views of the river and Richmond. The race is well worth the trip along with the festivities on Brown's Island in conjuction with the Xterra East Coast Championship.

Konabumm

Konaboner
Jun 13, 2003
Hollywood, Maryland, United States
VT Mtbkr said:
Rode it last night with the women's 2005 Xterra World Champion. She was nice enough to take some time while she was in town to take the local women's group out for a ride/instruction session.

It's the most technical trail in Richmond. It's right near downtown with some outstanding views of the river and Richmond. The race is well worth the trip along with the festivities on Brown's Island in conjuction with the Xterra East Coast Championship.
Cool, are you planning on riding it this weekend? Maybe we can hook up while I down there...

Also, I'm looking for an address of something near there so I can plug it into my GPS... Any ideas?

Thanks

VT Mtbkr

Monkey
Oct 3, 2003
Richmond, Virginia
Yep I'll be racing in sport women class on Saturday at 11:00. We'll be down there from about 7:30 am until 3:00ish. My Nissan Xterra will be on the island for the "car show" (earns me free entry to the race). I'll be setting up and tending the Richmond MORE booth until about 9:30. I can give you course directions if you want a short pre-ride before the race.

Here's the address of a hotel closeby
555 E. Canal Street
Richmond, VA 23219

The whole area where Xterra will be is packed with people and traffic so once you are downtown it's not hard to find the venue.

Drop me a PM if you need more info. It's actually a great place to hike around and spectate if the family wants to come too.

Konabumm

Konaboner
Jun 13, 2003
Hollywood, Maryland, United States
Well thanks for all the Hard work Ann, I had a great day. I was sitting in 5th with about 6miles to go and my chain broke. I was pretty pissed but that are you going to do. If was alot of fun, you guys are lucky to have just a nice trail right at your back door.

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
Konabumm said:
Well thanks for all the Hard work Ann, I had a great day. I was sitting in 5th with about 6miles to go and my chain broke. I was pretty pissed but that are you going to do. If was alot of fun, you guys are lucky to have just a nice trail right at your back door.
Kept waiting for ya......I figured you either broke something, or was mugged.

VT Mtbkr

Monkey
Oct 3, 2003
Richmond, Virginia
Damn that sucks yiou couldn't finish. Sounds like you were in a good place! I finished 4th out of 9. It was way too hot out there and I was spent by the end. Just spent all day course marshalling the pro race. What an amazing bunch of racers! You couldn't give me money to run in that heat after just riding 15 miles.