Quantcast

-( Y )- HNY 2018 GMT -( Y )-

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

Meh.....New shit same as old shit. Though, I did have a thoroughly amazing meal and a couple glasses of wine with our friends just down the road. Crawled into bed around 11, which is late for me. May have to make two cups of espresso before I head in today.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Woke up with fluid in my left ear. It shifted over from my right ear a couple of days ago. Still, feels like this cold is starting to move along. My new years resolution is to be less grumpy. I'm not off to a good start. :monkey:

Still cold as fuck outside. - 17° freedom units, - 31° with the wind. May have to grin and bear it, and just get the kids outside. May go see coco with them later in the day.

Time to pay the Visa man too. Will be nice to get that off my plate.

Happy new year to all of you and yours. Here's hoping to lots of loam and serious schralping.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Happy New Year.

Skied for a few cold hours yesterday morning with Toshi and Stoney. Good times.
Thai food & some wine last night and in bed by 8. Because old.

Here is hoping '18 is better for everyone than '17.

Dirtrider

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2006
Asheville, NC
Holy shit its cold out. I wanna ride bikes with Canadmos but I’m from the south and a high of 22 means NO. Hopefully Wednesday or Saturday.they look to be in upper 30s. On a side note I’m Looking at new bikes and the Guerrilla Gravity Smash has piqued my interest.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
I think I shall go ride bikes, anywhere has to be warmer than yesterday's end of ride 5Freedum degrees.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
-1F here when I the cats woke me up. Slow morning, cooking some lentils, thinking about a ride in this freezing weather. 8 more days of this uber-cold nonsense until we see low 30s again.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I slept from 9:45-8:30 after my delightfully spicy Thai Medium drunken noodles were ingested.

I’m still in bed now after FaceTime with the kids, who return from Seattle along with the wife later today. I probably should let the cats out of their nighttime room...

junkyard

You might feel a little prick.
Sep 1, 2015
San Diego
Fuck ya new year! Weeds recreational in Cali. I refused to get a med card. Gunna drink some coffee then head to the store then straight to the shed. High of 74 freedom degrees today.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I am rocking out to Mahler 2 with my basement stereo setup. I never get to play music loud with wife and kids around. -10 dB from a max of 165W per channel pushing through 6 Ohms == satisfying.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I am rocking out to Mahler 2 with my basement stereo setup. I never get to play music loud with wife and kids around. -10 dB from a max of 165W per channel pushing through 6 Ohms == satisfying.
Do you even know your speaker sensitivity bro?

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Do you even know your speaker sensitivity bro?
True, I guess for completeness that is necessary. :D 87 dB for the fronts, and I think the receiver is turning the stereo signal into surround, so 88 dB for the center and 85 dB for the rears.

It's sufficiently loud. Louder than at an actual performance, and it is not a quiet piece (although it does have very quiet moments).

StiHacka

Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
I hope the year will be a bit less clursterfuckish than today. Had to deal with a frozen pipe emergency, suffering only minor burns as collateral damage. :bonk:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Holy shit its cold out. I wanna ride bikes with Canadmos but I’m from the south and a high of 22 means NO. Hopefully Wednesday or Saturday.they look to be in upper 30s. On a side note I’m Looking at new bikes and the Guerrilla Gravity Smash has piqued my interest.
We checked out of the hotel and due to foggy heads, decided to go check out the Parkway.

Bad freakin' idea. 276 going to it was a skating rink. We got to the top and found this... the parkway was closed after we departed, so we ended up having to down the other side to Candler.

What a stupid adventure. Lol.

StiHacka

Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
We checked out of the hotel and due to foggy heads, decided to go check out the Parkway.

Bad freakin' idea. 276 going to it was a skating rink. We got to the top and found this... the parkway was closed after we departed, so we ended up having to down the other side to Candler.

That looks like my summer vacation in the Sequoia NP a couple years ago. :doh:

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
when i am in a forest lookout in the middle of nowhere on vacation....i have one of those jbl charge BT speakers that i blast spiritualized's "ladies and gentlemen we are floating in space" for the woodland creatures around midnight...

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001

not a winter person but the lack of brah-wagen tracks makes this appealing....