Quantcast

*(Y)* Today GMT *(Y)*

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
These guys
In rural Ontario the OPP's will suspect you of being a hippy if you ride a bike. That is all the excuse they need to search you for lettuce. Or as they call it "The Chronic". Civil rights aren't a thing in Ontario like they are here in the States. Probable cause isn't a thing either. In Ontario riding bikes in the woods is just a excuse for doing nefarious things in the woods out of hunting season...

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
In rural Ontario the OPP's will suspect you of being a hippy if you ride a bike. That is all the excuse they need to search you for lettuce. Or as they call it "The Chronic". Civil rights aren't a thing in Ontario like they are here in the States. Probable cause isn't a thing either. In Ontario riding bikes in the woods is just a excuse for doing nefarious things in the woods out of hunting season...
I take it you got caught :rofl:

Riding my mountain bike to the beer store isn't very efficient, which is kind of where the touring type bike comes in. Most of the dirt roads here are just as smooth as the paved roads, not much in terms of loose gravel road type stuff. But yeah, the drop bars are a major boner killer.

I just want something that has skinnier and faster tires, isn't a chore to ride on the road and has disc brakes.
Older MTB, maybe even a rigid, with oor-ban tires. When I was working, kept one in my office as an incidental commuter.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
66* forecast today. jeezus toast, where is winter???
Wife's sister and family arrive for a ski weekend tomorrow, I bet they wished for the MLK weekend snow conditions.

I might try Apex on the rigid again this afternoon, definitely a different challenge to the 6" bike :D

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Wife and I going to look at a dog tonight. It's been a few months and I think the wife is going through withdrawal. My cat is a great cat (for me) but is not the loving cuddle type and my wife misses having a dog on the couch. She found a local rescue organization that has 2 week home trials and had a wicked long and extensive adoption application. So we will go check out the one she liked and go from there.

He's good looking, hope it goes well.

<edit> Listed as a "boxer mix" I am guessing pitbull. My last boxer was mixed with something and was an amazing dog.

Last edited:

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Cute pup!! While Wife and I love the greyhounds, she wants a buddy to take running. Greyhounds are like "FTS." We're thinking maybe a boxer when the cats are no longer with us. We've got good animal harmony in the house right now and don't want to disturb that with another dog.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
While I didn't buy a new bike, I did just purchase carbon aero wheels for the douchemobile. I certainly could have bought a decent full bike for what those things cost, and I bought an inexpensive set.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Why hello there, internet. I rolled my lazy ass out of bed at 5:15 as usual for a 2500 yard swim. It was supposed to be a masters group workout but nobody else showed, which means an hour of one-on-one coaching, but Swim Coach spent the entire hour talking to a lifeguard which is just fine by me because I wasn't in the mood to have him watching me swim for an hour while barking instructions.
I am getting faster over my usual 600 meters even though I know my form is horrible. I would like to know if I am lifting my arms out of the water far enough but have no body to ask.

Last edited:

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I am getting faster over my usual 600 meters even though I know my form is horrible. I would like to know if I am lifting my arms out of the water far enough but have no body to ask.
I could certainly use some additional form instruction, but I just can't fit everything into the schedule. Private coach lessons are also expensive. I figure as long as my times and endurance continue to improve, I'll just keep doing what I am doing.

nice. what did ya get?
Carbon clinchers from Flo Cycling. 60mm front, 90mm rear.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Cute pup!! While Wife and I love the greyhounds, she wants a buddy to take running. Greyhounds are like "FTS." We're thinking maybe a boxer when the cats are no longer with us. We've got good animal harmony in the house right now and don't want to disturb that with another dog.
That is one fear we have. Monday was not a fan of the boys when she moved in with me, but there was an understanding. She had the upstairs, the boys had downstairs and rarely was there interaction. But since the boys passed, Monday has taken over the house as well as the back yard and now often uses the dog door rather than her upstairs cat door (although she still uses the cat door at times).

Monday had no issue with my ex's little dog back in the day. But she is no fan of the boxer across the street (although Hovis has no issue with Monday). This pup is supposed to be cool with both cats and other dogs. But I will have to enlarge the dog door, it seems.

<edit> As far as running, Molly (my boxer mix) was not only an amazing trail dog, she went 14 miles with no issues.

Last edited:

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
That is one fear we have. Monday was not a fan of the boys when she moved in with me, but there was an understanding. She had the upstairs, the boys had downstairs and rarely was there interaction. But since the boys passed, Monday has taken over the house as well as the back yard and now often uses the dog door rather than her upstairs cat door (although she still uses the cat door at times).

Monday had no issue with my ex's little dog back in the day. But she is no fan of the boxer across the street (although Hovis has no issue with Monday). This pup is supposed to be cool with both cats and other dogs. But I will have to enlarge the dog door, it seems.

<edit> As far as running, Molly (my boxer mix) was not only an amazing trail dog, she went 14 miles with no issues.
I think boxers tend to be a little more in your face with cats and are eager to play with them. An older cat probably wants no part of that. Fortunately both greyhounds we've had know the cats are off limits and tend to stay away from the cats.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Hovis across the street is the epic boxer. He was from a litter from the president of the Oregon boxer association and has a seriously stout pedigree, but is a couch potato just like his owners. :rofl:

He didn't have enough black on his face to show, so he was a steal compared to the usual cost. But he is a pudgy lug. Its funny because Bob swears he's never trained him to do anything, but he listens and is the best damn dog.

When they say dogs take on the personality of their owners, Hovis and Bob couldn't be more alike. :rofl:

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I think boxers tend to be a little more in your face with cats and are eager to play with them. An older cat probably wants no part of that. Fortunately both greyhounds we've had know the cats are off limits and tend to stay away from the cats.
Our cat went full claws deep into the nose of Layla when she was a puppy. She leave the cat alone now.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Shortly after corporate minions distributed a pamphlet stating nobody is getting promotions nor raises at this time, the head honcho got on a global webcast saying half of us got raises last year, and the other half will be getting raises this year. Somebody needs to pee in a little plastic cup.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Was just informed that my performance evaluation for last year calculated to 107% and that my manager has put in for a 2.75% raise and a bonus to see fit.

I think I'll be purchasing a bike soon. But I'm kind of worried about how I'm supposed to do better this year? :monkey:

Also just told my supervisor that I'm leaving early, due to a headache. Going for a hike to the shed.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I miss tagalongs. I swore off GSC after the whole palm oil fiasco. I should pick battles that don't involve snack foods. :shakefist:
I had my two boxes of Tagalongs over the past few weeks and am good now.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
it costs about 4 grand to replace a drivers side door on a toyota tundra.....my dad is happy to have his truck back..

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Just discovered I won Powerball last night, you get the $310m for getting just the powerball right??

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Third coffee and a large salad for lunch? Fire in the hole! Seriously. I think I just lost 10 lbs.