Quantcast

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Sherman's arm bending backwards made me shudder.
Dude wouldn't even come off the field for a play to get it looked at. Tough, competitive guy.

For the Superbowl, I'd like to see Tom Fuckin' Brady come away with one last ring to silence any doubters. As a Bills fan, I can't really cheer for the Patriots during the regular season, but I love watching football, and I can't root against someone who has played so many great games.

pats being investigated for deflated balls.
Yawn. It's the responsibility of the refs to judge ball inflation levels and there are something like 40 game balls available on the field. This is a non-story.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
For the Superbowl, I'd like to see Tom Fuckin' Brady come away with one last ring to silence any doubters. As a Bills fan, I can't really cheer for the Patriots during the regular season, but I love watching football, and I can't root against someone who has played so many great games.
screw that. i wanna see this again.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I always find it disturbing when one group of rich dudes thinks god help them beat other rich dudes in a game. At least guys Wilson and Tebow seem to walk the walk. Unlike some who talk the talk and then get stabby like Ray Lewis.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
That cartoon almost makes it seem like the seahawks played a game they should be proud of.
Or is the patriot dropping the flag in anticipation of yet another interception?

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I don't see the deflated balls themselves as a big deal, but it is a bit like finding a used pipe on a known drug addict. More than likely there is a lot more going on, they just haven't gotten caught.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
it was a blowout. a properly inflated ball might have been a bit harder to hold onto while being tackled but it was still 45-7.

i am happy to see the Bears canned Mel Tucker for Vic Fangio from the 49ers. the Bears have always had a great D and seeing them be one of the worst in the NFL while he was there was tough to watch. and now theres rumors of the Broncos offensive coordinator maybe moving to da bears too!

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
The fact that these princesses can't play with a standard football is what's ridiculous.
Should be standard NFL supplied balls used by both teams.

kickstand

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2009
Fenton, MI
The fact that these princesses can't play with a standard football is what's ridiculous.
Should be standard NFL supplied balls used by both teams.
This is what I can't understand, why the fuck is there not one, NFL provided, football, for the game? it's not like baseball where you lose the balls, or hockey wher ethe pucks go over the glass, it's a damn football....and when it's rainy, muddy, or snowy, it's time to stop wiping the damn things off and swapping in a "dry ball" for these pussies.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
This is what I can't understand, why the fuck is there not one, NFL provided, football, for the game? it's not like baseball where you lose the balls, or hockey wher ethe pucks go over the glass, it's a damn football....and when it's rainy, muddy, or snowy, it's time to stop wiping the damn things off and swapping in a "dry ball" for these pussies.
I'm fine with them swapping a bunch in, but the really goddamn obvious fix to this is to have the NFL supply all the balls, like they do with the kicking balls currently. End of story.

UNHrider

Monkey
Apr 20, 2004
Epping, NH
I'm fine with them swapping a bunch in, but the really goddamn obvious fix to this is to have the NFL supply all the balls, like they do with the kicking balls currently. End of story.
NFL used to supply all the balls, Quarterbacks such as Peyton et al lobbied the NFL so that the teams would control offensive non-kicking game balls. I guess QBs disliked the brand new footballs the NFL would provide.

To me, this seems very similar to the use of pine tar and whatnot in baseball, where its a widely known circumvention of the rules, but so long as you don't get crazy no one will say anything. It remains to be seen where this falls in the scope of doctoring footballs.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Now if we can just get politicians, actors and musicians to follow suit and stfu.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Now they are talking about fining him for his hat because the Beast Mode logo isn't NFL approved. :rofl:

This is what he is paid to do:

Talk to Sherman if you want game related perspective.