Quantcast

***Y u no Monday GMT?***

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
The Allagash is out there for sure. I have done about 1/2 of it. Quite Beautiful up there. I do agree @StiHacka that the northern part of the state isn't as impressive as the Katahdin region.

The amount of exploring you can do on gravel roads on bikes is mind blowing. You just need to know how to read a map because they are are all old logging roads.
i'll probably wait until my kids are old enough to do allagash with me.

a buddy of mine did a hell of a trip up in the NMW in his FJ. from NH to deep NMW on all off roads / logging roads.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/27496288

"Most patients presenting with uncomplicated acute low back pain (LBP) and/or radiculopathy do not require imaging. Imaging is considered in those patients who have had up to 6 weeks of medical management and physical therapy that resulted in little or no improvement in their back pain. It is also considered for those patients presenting with red flags raising suspicion for serious underlying conditions, such as cauda equina syndrome, malignancy, fracture, and infection."

" Those deemed to be interventional candidates, with LBP lasting for > 6 weeks having completed conservative management with persistent radiculopathic symptoms, may seek MRI. Patients with severe or progressive neurologic deficit on presentation and red flags should be evaluated with MRI."
Seems legit. The pain has certainly gone down quite a bit over the last few weeks. Two acupuncture trips, two chiropractor trips, and possibly the low meds dose along with stretching and core work is what I hope has helped. I will continue with the exercises and stretching and may do a few more trips of each wacko doc. I have scheduled my PT and see if they say to do anything additional or different than what I've been doing.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Good mornin!

Productive weekend taking care of house related shit that's been on the to-do list for way too long. Put the finishing touches on the bedroom wall; what was once a wall of mirrors is now a wall of wood.

Being a fan of razor blades and mirrors I did notice you have an opportunity to mirror the ceiling. :thumb:

Last edited:

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Lots of work going on with the new house.

- New LED bulbs throughout the house. Quick estimate is minimum 500 watts replaced and counting. Light is much, much better than the incandescent bulbs.
- Putting in shelves in the baby room and master closet today. Cutting at non-45/60/90* angles sucks.
- Painting baby room today, Haley's then Killz in the basement tomorrow, basement primary color Wednesday.
- Mesh on the open space fence so the dog doesn't run away at night chasing rabbits.
- Shit ton of moving boxes
- Somehow Wifey broke the handheld shower hose this morning, so that's on the To-Do list now.
- Some switches need to be replaced as well.
- Wall mount TVs
- Have HD come replace the carpet in the basement.

The list keeps getting longer. Bike riding is probably done for a while.

Cool note, garage get the "exactly what I want" build out now. Having a good buddy who has same shop logic as me sketch it up currently. Hopefully it turns out well.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Lots of work going on with the new house.

- New LED bulbs throughout the house. Quick estimate is minimum 500 watts replaced and counting. Light is much, much better than the incandescent bulbs.
- Putting in shelves in the baby room and master closet today. Cutting at non-45/60/90* angles sucks.
- Painting baby room today, Haley's then Killz in the basement tomorrow, basement primary color Wednesday.
- Mesh on the open space fence so the dog doesn't run away at night chasing rabbits.
- Shit ton of moving boxes
- Somehow Wifey broke the handheld shower hose this morning, so that's on the To-Do list now.
- Some switches need to be replaced as well.
- Wall mount TVs
- Have HD come replace the carpet in the basement.

The list keeps getting longer. Bike riding is probably done for a while.

Cool note, garage get the "exactly what I want" build out now. Having a good buddy who has same shop logic as me sketch it up currently. Hopefully it turns out well.
perhaps i missed, are you moved in yet?

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
this weekend was pretty pretty pretty good.
Tried to rally the troops around 11pm on Saturday to hike Mt. Sanitas in the full moon but my friends are lame and rather smoke B's & do dabs...totally could have done that on the hike. :/
Awesome party none the less.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
@jimmydean, back when I thrashed my knee, I had the MRI done that week, to be told I would need basically a complete rebuild. The two docs, one a surgeon, settled on six months of pt, then look again. The PT helped to the point I never had surgery. The surgeon that was so adamant I was going to need surgery was in disbelief as well until after the second MRI.

The boat I am in now is the same story for my shoulder except i am the one who is willing to deal with the hurt so I can heal properly and to the best ability I can.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
@Adventurous, that wall is super! Reclaimed pallets? Interlocking plank? Just random bits of wood?

I may steal that design....
Those are actually cedar fence planks. Way easier than harvesting and breaking down pallets. :) Hit em with a random orbit to knock off the fuzz, trimmed to length, stained, and nailed to the wall. Pretty easy and it looks great in person.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Made it back from Virginia, 1,290 miles or so round trip.

Managed to back the R-Pod in in one pass.

In the trailer, drained most of the water and emptied and turned off the refrigerator since it's supposed to do some real freezing soon.
dat #retiredlife tho

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Congrats! How much have they promised you, three fiddy?
I probably shouldn't discuss actual numbers in a public forum and all. I can say this: we estimated that it would require the better part of $40k to go race the 1000 this year, and VW basically made it possible. Without their support, we most likely wouldn't be racing this year.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I probably shouldn't discuss actual numbers in a public forum and all. I can say this: we estimated that it would require the better part of $40k to go race the 1000 this year, and VW basically made it possible. Without their support, we most likely wouldn't be racing this year.
They need some good pr after dieselgate

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
@eric strt6 is that hopefully the end of it all?

Holy TITTIES was tonights ride ever cold.

Officially marked the Spitfire as retired on the dork loggerz. She went 6264.3km before shitting the bed. The V1 Spitfire went 1176.5 before doing the same.

Last edited:

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
listening to nick drake's "pink moon" and trying not to be angry.