Quantcast

Yay I can ride again

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
My wrist is finally recovered enough from breaking the radius to ride again:banana: :banana:

So to celebrate I went out for a 20+ mile ride that included one hill..
thats 10 miles long and climbs 2600 feet:cheers:

It took me an hour and 15 to spin to the top [only got out of the saddle twice to climb some short but steep sections] an then 20 to fly back down.

for you bay area folks I went from hwy 1 up Bonny Doon rd to Pine Flat then up Empire Grade to Jamison creek rd...awesome ride...road was damp so I only hit 42 coming back down:biggrin:

bac

Monkey
Dec 14, 2006
Pennsylvania
for you bay area folks I went from hwy 1 up Bonny Doon rd to Pine Flat then up Empire Grade to Jamison creek rd...awesome ride...road was damp so I only hit 42 coming back down:biggrin:
I think most have felt the cold hand of injury. That first day back is a BIG day - at least it always has been for me. Your lungs screem, and your legs burn, but it all feels soooo sweet.

cliffster5

In dog years I'm dead
Aug 23, 2001
Salinas, CA
:wave: Welcome back to the sport amigo. Think of it as your first day of training for next summer's Santa Cruz Mt. Challenge (you'll get to do Jamison Creek Rd. from the other direction... aka the "non pussy" direction):clapping: