Quantcast

)))YAY its FTS Friderp(((

KenW449

Thanos did nothing wrong
Jun 13, 2017
Floating down the whiskey river...
Worked for approx 4 hrs from 1530 to 1930 doing nothing related to my job title. May have to work another short day tomorrow which is fine because of what we are doing.
A night ride is in-store for this weekend as long as the weather and temps keeps, which it appears they are.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
https://www.reddit.com/r/WritingPrompts/comments/25gtsw/eu_in_the_final_minutes_of_his_life_calvin_has/chh21q0/

Right with the onions...

In the final minutes of his life, Calvin has one last talk with Hobbes.

"Calvin? Calvin, sweetheart?"
In the darkness Calvin heard the sound of Susie, his wife of fifty-three years. Calvin struggled to open his eyes. God, he was so tired and it took so much strength. Slowly, light replaced the darkness, and soon vision followed. At the foot of his bed stood his wife. Calvin wet his dry lips and spoke hoarsely, "Did... did you.... find him?"
"Yes dear," Susie said smiling sadly, "He was in the attic."
Susie reached into her big purse and brought out a soft, old, orange tiger doll. Calvin could not help but laugh. It had been so long. Too long.
"I washed him for you," Susie said, her voice cracking a little as she laid the stuffed tiger next to her husband.
"Thank you, Susie." Calvin said.
A few moments passed as Calvin just laid on his hospital bed, his head turned to the side, staring at the old toy with nostalgia.
"Dear," Calvin said finally. "Would you mind leaving me alone with Hobbes for a while? I would like to catch up with him."
"All right," Susie said. "I'll get something to eat in the cafeteria. I'll be back soon."
Susie kissed her huband on the forehead and turned to leave. With sudden but gentle strength Calvin stopped her. Lovingly he pulled his wife in and gave her a passionate kiss on the lips. "I love you," he said.
"And I love you," said Susie.
Susie turned and left. Calvin saw tears streaming from her face as she went out the door.
Calvin then turned to face his oldest and dearest friend. "Hello Hobbes. It's been a long time hasn't it old pal?"

...follow the link

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Whilst quite beautiful, Mexican Hat, Utah, is an immensely boring place for a ten year old. On to Page, AZ tomorrow. Gonna have to stop at Church's fried chicken in Kayenta!
I wish I could be hiding from the world for a while in the Monument Valley again.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Well then...

Did not expect that.
I put it on the FB last night too. I got a bunch of texts this am about people waking up and not being ready to cry that early in the morning. Not going to lie, it got me too.