Quantcast

Yeah, G3 this weekend at Keystone

Jun 25, 2007
Keystone Mountain Resort, Colo. (June 30 – July 1) - Two days. Three courses. $10,000 in cash. $20,000 in merchandise. Ride by yourself or with your buddies. The Rocky Mountain G3 Gravity Series marks the return of down-home bro’-style gravity racing — but with timing chips, World Cup-level courses and big cash prizes.

The three-race series explodes June 30 – July 1 at Keystone Mountain Resort. With two downhills and a Super D, the weekend will show everyone who’s both fully pinned and well trained. It’ll shake down like this:

Saturday
Downhill #1, sponsored by Santa Cruz Bicycles. Keystone’s long, flowy and fast DH course mixes rocks, trees and open ski runs in a way that forces you to say braaap! Early morning practice, late morning race. Do you have confidence? Do you have intelligence? All right then.

Back up the hill by 5 p.m. for the Maverick Super D — all the twisty-turny love of the blue Mosquito Coast trail, with as little uphill as possible. Can you corner? Can you pedal? All right then.

Sunday
Downhill #2, sponsored by Yeti Cycles. The new-for-2007 homage to Whistler’s A-Line is called ‘Money’. Imagine berms and jumps, berms and jumps. Can you flow? Can you fly? All right then.

Pros, semipros and the new Grand Master 35+ class will be assigned start times with 60-second intervals. Everyone else runs whenever they want.

Beginners, Sports and Experts can wait for a clear course, or they can chase faster riders, or they can roll love trains with their buddies. Just line up together and rock it. With combined times of 20-something-minutes and amateur entries of just $70, the fun-to-dollar ratio will be unbeatable.

“The G3 is about the pure fun of riding with your buddies,” said Mike McCormack of event promoter Bigfoot Productions, “except in this case there’s more than bragging rights at stake. We also want to give regional gravity pros a chance to earn a living, train on World Cup-level courses and eventually compete and win on the world level. For a lot of those athletes the G3 Series and its sizable purse helps keep that dream alive.”

The Rocky Mountain G3 Gravity Series: The return of bro’ racing — but with world-class courses and big cash purses. Are you fully pinned? Are you well trained? All right then. See you at Keystone June 30.

G3 #2 is slated for August 18-19 at Sol Vista Resort and will serve as the coming out party for their new gravity trail network. The third G3 race will be held at Angel Fire, NM on October 6-7, a World Cup venue legendary for the ruggedness of its terrain

More about the Rocky Mountain G3 Gravity Series: www.g3gravityseries.com

Contact: Mike McCormack, Bigfoot Productions, MikeMac@bigfootproduction.com or 970-333-1159

axlvid23

Monkey
Jun 1, 2003
Littleton
Not too big of a turnout it looks like. That's a lot of stupid-hard races in one weekend...god knows that's why I didn't bother to go. Hopefully more people for solvista. That mountain couldn't be more than 2 minutes long.

Bikerpunk241

Monkey
Sep 28, 2001
All you who didn't go missed out on some tremendous fun! Did I say tremendous, I mean Tremendously exhausting..... :D

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Not too big of a turnout it looks like. That's a lot of stupid-hard races in one weekend...god knows that's why I didn't bother to go. Hopefully more people for solvista. That mountain couldn't be more than 2 minutes long.
You'd be surprised... I think times from when they held a race there in 2003 were in the 4 minutes range. Still a lot shorter than 8-16 though.