Quantcast

Yep, more Big Bear pics...

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Got some from the DH Mania from SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY...

Here's one; I'll have more on the Transcend site in a day or two and will post a link once the gallery is all up.

Pip3r

Turbo Monkey
Nov 20, 2001
Foxboro MA
aha oh man, that picture just made me realize that of all places to have a 4 man DH, Big Bear must have been brutal with all the dust!:dead:
cant wait to see the rest!

MikeD

Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Originally posted by Pip3r
aha oh man, that picture just made me realize that of all places to have a 4 man DH, Big Bear must have been brutal with all the dust!:dead:
cant wait to see the rest!
I have pics that are almost just dust clouds with the tops of helmets sticking out of them.

I think braking was a rather strategic move on the leaders' part...it reminded me of the old Spy Hunter arcade game. Smoke screen ruled....

MikeD

Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Originally posted by Damn True
Probably not the fast line, but a damn cool pic!
I wish I'd been able to frame it a little lower, but I was trying to get the camera out of the way b/c I thought he was going to hit me...one rider had already taken out Shyrmp in nearly the same spot.

Honda rider (Minnar?) practicing his super-moto skillz
That's the other Honda rider; Minaar was in the white jersey and was riding bib #1 if I'm not mistaken.

MD

PS I realize all the pics are somewhat similar; all I had time to do was shoot a few somewhat on-the-fly as the day closed. I almost wish I'd spent the weekend studying the course and selecting good locations and a plan to move between them during non-pro runs, but as it was, I just found 2 or three spots near the bottom and shot away. (And thus managed to spend the weekend riding instead of stalking the course on foot... :) )