Quantcast

Yesterday i seen "Saw"

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Saturday i went to see Saw. Seeing how Saw is a scary movie likened to Seven i though it would be a good see. i wouldn't see Saw twice, seeing it once is seeing it too much. i'm not really glad i seen Saw at all.
While kind of entertaining, the end is a bail out. i don't know how such a creative story lead up to such a skimpy ending.

i give it 1 and half limpy ones.

.:Jeenyus:.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 23, 2004
slc
That bad? Wow. I thought it looked good from the previews and seeing how good scary movies are becoming somewhat rare nowadays was looking forward to go see it.
Thank you for saving me $7.50 Skookum :p

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Might I add (since we're talking about "scary" movies) that I saw Gothica w/ Halle Barre last night, and it sucked as well.

BrokenChain

Monkey
Oct 26, 2001
NWCT
derekpearson said:
thanks skookes, ill take your word, now what about the GRUDGE?
I think my IQ dropped 30 points after seeing the little bit of the movie I actually paid attention to. After a while I just zoned out and waited for the lights to come on. You know it's sad when the five year old a few seats away is laughing throuought the movie.

qualude

Monkey
Oct 27, 2004
The County of Kings
BrokenChain said:
I think my IQ dropped 30 points after seeing the little bit of the movie I actually paid attention to. After a while I just zoned out and waited for the lights to come on. You know it's sad when the five year old a few seats away is laughing throuought the movie.
I think the only good thing about that movie would be seeing Sarah michelle Gellar in the shower...and that probably isn't even enough to make it worthwhile.

qualude

Monkey
Oct 27, 2004
The County of Kings
bigginsis said:
i watched dawn of the dead on DVD - it was pretty freaky. i've heard bad things about the grudge but nothing at all about saw.
Was that the new version? heard it was pretty good, but with movies being 10 bucks a pop here, gotta make sure it is phenominal before seeing it in the theatres...usually just wait for the movie to hit HBO on Demand......

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
qualude said:
Was that the new version? heard it was pretty good, but with movies being 10 bucks a pop here, gotta make sure it is phenominal before seeing it in the theatres...usually just wait for the movie to hit HBO on Demand......
I just watched Dawn of the Dead (the new version) a couple nights ago. It was only okay. Entertaining, but extremly predictable. One horrible scene that made even me cringe.

And whoever shot the last five minutes of the movie, interspersed with the credits, should be shot repeatedly in the face. And then cut into pieces. And burned. It made me nauseous, trying to watch the scenes cut up with the credits. Please, do yourself a favor and quit watching as soon as the credits come on. PM me if you really want to know what happens, though it's so predictable that you should be able to figure it out for yourself.

corey_rideDC

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
DCmetro
done seen the grudge on sattiday... was a decent flick, had some pretty creepy visuals and effects. i would recommend it.

bigginsis

Monkey
Jun 20, 2004
standing at the edge of reason
qualude said:
yeah it was the new one - just came out on DVD. i use netflix and love it because i get the new stuff pretty quick. binary is right though - the whole thing with the credits was obnoxious and predictable but i like horror movies in general, good or bad.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
binary visions said:
And whoever shot the last five minutes of the movie, interspersed with the credits, should be shot repeatedly in the face. And then cut into pieces. And burned.
here here....

i saw it on the big screen, and it really spoiled an ok movie.
Perfect example of how to compare. Dawn of the Dead, Resident Evil Apocolypse, and Saw. All have ok qualities but they fall quite short of making "classic" status. Still waiting for an "excellent" movie this year, i think since i got rained off of work today i'm gonna go see Ray.....

Craw

Monkey
Mar 17, 2002
I seended "Saw" last night. I thought it was bucketfuls of crappiness.

Repack

Turbo Monkey
Nov 29, 2001
Boston Area
Skookum said:
While kind of entertaining, the end is a bail out. i don't know how such a creative story lead up to such a skimpy ending.
I f*ing hate that. Why why why why why why why do they always do that!!!