Quantcast

Yet Another STOLEN BIKE ALERT!!!

DH Diva

Wonderwoman
Jun 12, 2002
Hey all. A friend of mine just got her brand new Turner 5-Spot stolen. It really sucks because she just got it built up to race sea otter. Here is the e-mail she sent me with the info. It happened in Big Bear and apparently they have had alot of expensive bikes come up missing recently in that area so be on alert. Here is her e-mail:

Hello all far and wide, (I think I may have every corner of the world covered in this e-mail) My 5 spot Turner I raced at Sagebrush last week, was stolen from my front doorstep today in Big Bear.

While preparing for a ride, working on my disc brakes, I went in to make a call to my mechanic to find out how to remedy a problem I was having. When I opened the
door, it was gone. I was 10 feet away from it, for 5 minutes, and literally they had to come into my yard, to my front door step where I sat on the other side of the front door, to take it.

It was brand new (only one pic below that you can't really even see it) built with Sea Otter, Sage Brush and Super D, in mind.
It's sparkly silver, with black Turner letters, a Manitou black front fork, Romic shock, TI spring, WTB Laser-light disc wheels, Hays 6"disc brakes, Truvativ 2"riser DH bars black, FSA black cranks, triple chainring and shimano clipless pedals, sram front a rear triggers, x.o derailleur, maxxis mobsters (bran new), odi lock grips.
www.turnerbikes.com

The sheriff has been looking and so have I to no avail. I was informed that several expensive bikes have been stolen this past 2 weeks in Big Bear, some right from the bike shops bike racks in front of the Bear Valley Bikes store! They are taking the
most expensive bikes. Today they had a choice (my garage was open) but they took the 5spot. They could have taken a Cheeta slalom bike, a custom hardtail, BMX, etc. But
they knew which one was the best. They rode it out of my driveway. They didn't take the extra set of wheels right next to it, because their hands were full I imagine.

Anyway, if anyone see's it, or anything like it being sold in some suspect place, mtbr, ebay, wherever, please let me know. I have the serial number to confirm if found.
Thank you.
Chelsea Redwood

P.S. Her's is the silver one behind the red one in the picture. She didn't even really have it long enough to have a good pic of it. Also, I didn't know if she wanted me posting her contact info on a message board so just PM me or e-mail me if you have any info and I will pass it along to her.

Lexx D

Dirty Dozen
Mar 8, 2004
NY
That sucks! I doubt I'll see it on the east coast. If someone stole my bike I would go on a rampage! Beating on punk kids until i found out who it was. :mad:

Curiouscaptian01

It's not poo
Dec 1, 2003
California
Originally posted by Lexx D
That sucks! I doubt I'll see it on the east coast. If someone stole my bike I would go on a rampage! Beating on punk kids until i found out who it was. :mad:
yeah, lucky I don't own a gun for who ever would ever try to steal my bike.

good luck finding who stole the bike and whatnot.

Curb Hucker

I am an idiot
Feb 4, 2004
Sleeping in my Kenworth
Ya that does suck, it pays to live in a rich neighborhood, ive accidentally left my Disco outside for an hour os so a few times, and its still here. On the otherhand i had my RFX snatched from my garage where i was working on it last year, i went inside for a piss, and i come back out to see this kid riding away on it. Long story short, paintball guns stop bike theives :devil:

Fulton

Monkey
Nov 9, 2001
damn man, this isgetting out of hand. I've got a list on my computer, of the stolen bikes people have listed here and on other forums. I check hem against classified adsebay listings when I get a chance. The list is getting very long!! Does she have home owners insurance? That seriously sucks, hope it gets recovered

DH Diva

Wonderwoman
Jun 12, 2002
I'm guessing she has home owners insurance because she does own her house. Even though it should be covered, it just really sucks because she's a first year pro and her bike is MIA just days before her first big race. From what she said, it's become a bit of an epidemic in Big Bear. Bike thieves make me so mad!! :mad:

ButHerFly

Chimp
Apr 20, 2004
Here is the list of bikes and info I have....
Stolen April of 2004 from Big Bear Lake, CA. USA

2004 5 Spot Turner sn#0fds00419
Specialized
2004 Epic comp disk White Larg sn# PT311749
2004 Epic Silver Med SN# PU301215
2004 Big Hit Comp Larg Silver Dream SN# PL396909
Specialized Fsr pro Sid fork/ Yellow
K2 bike
Giant Team DH Yellow Really Used
Blue 2003 Haro Hard tail

Article

Those who are coming to Big Bear...be carefull. Buy the uncutable locks. Beware.

Below is a pic, but doesn't show it with the I beam and ti spring and sram that it had when it was stolen.

ButHerFly

Chimp
Apr 20, 2004
That isn't my bike. I used their pic, because it is the closest one I can find. My bike has different components, it has sram, Ibeam seat, FSA black cranks, ti spring on the romic, and a manitou black fork. The frame color is mainly why I used that pic. But thanks for watching out! I saw that one to. I look everyday.

Orvan

Mar 5, 2002
Califor-N.I.A.
Damn, haven't found it yet Chelsea?
It sucks that there is a high possiblity that it's someone you know (or we all know since we're all a small tight group up there) who stole your bike. I mean c'mon, it's Big Bear....
Good luck and I'll be more weary this summer even just at the parking lot.. Cya!

Orvan

Mar 5, 2002
Califor-N.I.A.
Originally posted by Echo
Even with the holes? :confused:
and the bolts the 3 lbs powdercoating!

I wish I have someone defending for me when I am attacked! :p
If I annoyed you MMike, I served my purpose! :)