Quantcast

... Yetanothadey ...

sunringlerider

Turbo Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Corn Fields of Indiana
:wave:

Hello. Elder child turns 6 in a couple days. Festivities shall happen this weekend. My mom wants to get her a piano. I’m cool with it. I haven’t played since I was a kid, so should be fun to relearn with her.

Helping with a Girl Scout hike/camp fire thingy this morning. MIL is the troop leader. Might do some trail work too.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Hey-oh! Got up early and took the two dogs to the dog park before sunrise and before anyone else got there. Dogs had a blast tearing it up. We're taking the foster to an adoption event today and I am hopeful she finds a home. She's a good dog.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
I left my helmet outside in rain by accident last night and now it looks like it has a disease. :think:

Off and on rain here. Was supposed to go ride some hiking trails, which my research shows is kind of hike a bike steep - turn around and then go back down type of stuff. With it being this wet out, new to me trails and all the leaves, I might be smart and pass on the opportunity. Bummer...

Might instead go ride some open areas of the Canadian shield. Nothing too spectacular, but at least I know the trails will have grip there and there are no trees to deal with..

sunringlerider

Turbo Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Corn Fields of Indiana
Also. Survived phase one of the root canal. Dentist asked how I was not complaining more about pain. I guess the tooth was almost split in half and all sorts of nasty on the inside. So that’s cool I guess

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
:wave:

Hello. Elder child turns 6 in a couple days. Festivities shall happen this weekend. My mom wants to get her a piano. I’m cool with it. I haven’t played since I was a kid, so should be fun to relearn with her.

Helping with a Girl Scout hike/camp fire thingy this morning. MIL is the troop leader. Might do some trail work too.
suggestion: a nice weighted keyboard and headphones instead...

hanging out w/coffee. got 13yo's last pop warner game at noon. probably some housework later on. hope to get in a quick local ride sometime tomorrow.

@johnbryanpeters are the trails you typically work on public or private?

sunringlerider

Turbo Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Corn Fields of Indiana

hanging out w/coffee. got 13yo's last pop warner game at noon. probably some housework later on. hope to get in a quick local ride sometime tomorrow.

We my mom has a nice Yamaha keyboard. Should have clarified. Getting a keyboard not an actual acoustic piano. Sweetwater Music is 30 min from us, so need to go check out the plethora they have to choose from. And if you have heard of sweetwater. Look them up. Place is fucking wild.

Last edited:

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
hey hey hey

unfortunately for you dolts I made it home from work yesterday. still need to tweak positioning on the commuter but at least it rolls well

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Wife threw a surprise party for me at the local brewery last night. Had no idea. Bunch of neighbors came out and some other friends too. Catered bbq was delicious. Brisket and wings were excellent. Only problem was during clean up one of the neighborhood kids that was helping take things out to the car dropped a gift bag and we heard glass break. Turns out it was a bottle of Glenlivet. RIP.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Pisgnar ‘23 begins.

71838400901__3E460F97-255E-48FC-B8DE-5D286BF650B4.fullsizerender.jpeg

We just met the owners of the Grey Eagle, which is where we're going for the Electric Six concert tonight, while boarding our flight. They said to get the tacos, and they're gonna let someone know we're coming. They also said the get a mezcal at Anoche across the street before the show.

Already scheming with @jackalope and @Dirtrider and @jstuhlman to get some rides and beers done.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Le present, doing kid activity today, should maybe find some good for myself at some point.

Hopefully the hot weather heats up the pool for one last swim before I shut it down for the weekend, if not, I’m calling it a cold plunge and going in anyway. Be prepared for my posts about how I’m now a superior human because I went in some cold water

Only problem was during clean up one of the neighborhood kids that was helping take things out to the car dropped a gift bag and we heard glass break. Turns out it was a bottle of Glenlivet. RIP.
Hopefully it’s only the 12, and hopefully that kid doesn’t mind being called Butterfingers for the rest of their days.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Ok I can say this with authority. After 14 CPR recerts there is only one advantage to the new system. You get to do everything at your own pace. Do you learn anything no, and they don't include AED usage anymore. I tested out in 15 minutes, waste of time.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Howdy all. Up in Beaver Creek for a work retreat this weekend. Shall make it out to hike in lovely aspen this afternoon and tomorrow morning alike, methinks.

Most of it public but supposed to remain off the map, starts two or three miles from my home.

Some (now occasional for me) of it unliked by Vermont Fish and Wildlife but we have sort of a truce going.

Some fully publicized.

sunringlerider

Turbo Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Corn Fields of Indiana
Pisgnar ‘23 begins.

View attachment 201655

We just met the owners of the Grey Eagle, which is where we're going for the Electric Six concert tonight, while boarding our flight. They said to get the tacos, and they're gonna let someone know we're coming. They also said the get a mezcal at Anoche across the street before the show.

Already scheming with @jackalope and @Dirtrider and @jstuhlman to get some rides and beers done.
That @Dirtrider fella is a pretty good time.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Needed to burn some energy and had wanted to move this maple to block the view of the garage and then moved more stuff around where it was before. Felt like a tired old man at the end.

D2105E16-C2BC-49B5-BA9A-7D1696272A9A.jpeg

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Had a nice scenic twisty 4-5 hour drive from Arnprior near Ottawa, through Algonquin Park and over to Muskoka Lakes area.

Man there are a lot of people in Algonquin Park...crazies.

There are some big hills around Renfrew. Need some trails in there. Not much of a population to support them though..

Rare glimpse of the sun.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
wide angle lens is wide

Pisgnar ‘23 begins.

View attachment 201655

that is a great place....seeing mudhoney there on halloween...

oh, we're gonna get along great...
saw them open for fIREHOSE in my youth...

obligatory cover post...basement jams

Last edited:

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
My buddy found a Colt 1911 in the trail today. He is not a gun person and left it where he found it. He told the group of moto guys who came along farther down the trail and they promised to find and secure it. Oh well.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
My buddy found a Colt 1911 in the trail today. He is not a gun person and left it where he found it. He told the group of moto guys who came along farther down the trail and they promised to find and secure it. Oh well.
Yet another responsible gun owner.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
36 miles on the Road bike. Got sonburn and chased by a dog. Dog caught up with us. She was a sweetheart. A good session on the Road Bike always helps my back. I feel fantastic. Active recovery every 2 hours. Pekin Hill Sanborn NY twice.

Last edited: